What Is AMONG THE DEAD ONES?Powered by UNREAL ENGINE 4, AMONG THE DEAD ONES is an Open-World Zombie Survival game for iOS and Android (And maybe Windows Phone too), Heavily Inspired by "THE WALKING DEAD" and as well as amazing games like "FALLOUT 4" "H1Z1" "DayZ" "Minecraft" and "Dying Light".
My Goal is to bring an AMAZING PC-Like Experience to mobile devices, and create a realistic simulation of a world fallen to the undead, allowing players to Survive in a Huge Open-World, Fighting Hunger, Thirst, Infection, Wild Animals, Hordes of The Undead and many more obstacles and conditions the player must face to survive.
- Explore A Huge Open-World (In ATDO, the world will have forests, cities and small towns that you can explore. on foot, or in-vehicle)
- Enter ANY Building/House (You will be able to enter every building inside of this game: residential, rural, cities and towns etc.)
- Day & Night Cycle (There will be a 24 Hour day and night cycle. Each minute, an Hour goes by. The skies of ATDO will also have a realistic feel.
- Weather Effects, Seasons. (In AMONG THE DEAD ONES, there will be lots of weather effects. Including: Fog, Thunderstorms, Rain, Snow. Seasons Include: Spring, Summer, Autumn, and winter.
- Loot (vehicles, buildings, houses, containers, etc.)
- Craft (The player will be able to craft all kinds of things, including weapons, structures, clothes, medicine, food, tools, decorations, and many more items! )
- Build (You will be able to craft and build modular structures such as Floors, Walls, Roofs, Stairs, Doors, etc.)
- Kill (Kill zombies, animals, and other survivors, with a vast, wide range of weaponry, from Melee weapons to Ranged weapons!)
- Steal (Steal from other players!.. or yourself... (don't do that))
- Sneak (Make less noise and keep out of sight from Zombies, Survivors, and vicious animals)
- Hunger (Don't starve to death! find something to eat. Be it a dogs leg, or a steak dinner. In a world like this, you have no choice. Do what needs to be done!)
- Thirst (Water is life. Without Water, life is non-existent. Find it, drink it, cherish it.. or u can just drink your own pee... that would be last resort though...and.. uhh.. don't do that..)
- Infection (If you get bit by a walker just once, you will start to get infected. If not acted upon fast, the infection will start to spread inside of your body and you will die. There are special remedies u can craft to kill an infection in its early state and ONLY in its early state. If u mix one of these remedies with anti-biotics, u can kill the infection. and if you're too late.. well.. there's always a bullet to the head. So remember, kids! always prepare for a zombie bite!)
- Zombie AI (Walkers will be able to See, Hear, and Smell you. They can lose sight of you, but will still try to find you and if not, eventually give up. Zombies are able to grab the player, and if you don't do anything about it, the zombie WILL bite you and if not treated fast, the infection will start to spread inside of your body and u WILL die)
- Transportation (In ATDO, Transportation is a rare thing. You will be able to ride bicycle's, drive cars, and use the train systems to travel in the world. Cars need gas and most of the time need to be repaired, Most Trains need power, and you'll have to figure out how to turn it on at the train stations. Bicycles however, just require u to peddle! But the chains might pop, so you'll have to repair or replace them.
- Weapons (There will be many weapons in TDE, including Bow and Arrow, Assault Rifles, Pistols, Snipers, Shotguns, Crossbow, Axes, Hatchets, Knifes, Pipes, Baseball Bats, Shovels, and many more of all varieties, with more being added constantly in updates! Guns will have very realistic properties and each weapon will have it's own stats and even more features to come in future updates
- Animations (The Animations in TDE are going to be very realistic, and fully motion captured with ROOT MOTION applied (that means no foot sliding in the animation) there's gonna be A LOT of animations, almost every action you do in the game there will be an animation for it. Zombie animations will be getting the same treatment as well, Very realistic and fully motion captured animations for zombies.
- Music & Sound Effects (The Music in the game will be very subtle and atmospheric, as well as dark and uncanny. (I'm a music producer, you can check out all my work here) As for the sound effects, there will be a LOT of realistic and atmospheric sound effects like Realistic Gun shots and foley, as well as realistic impacts on different materials with different weapons, and a LOT of minor and major detailed sounds coming from all types of activities the player will be doing. Lots of interior sounds and well as exterior sounds and animal noises and door creaks and footsteps and detailed realistic zombie noises and grunts and the list goes on and on and on. In other words, there will be A LOT of sound effects in this game.
- Inventory & Equipment (The player can equip various items, weapons and clothing)
In ATDO, There will be many features, and will be constantly updated with even more as time passes. (I'll also be taking lots of suggestions! Tweet @TheDeviousEvil if u have any cool ideas you'd like to see!)
However, most of these won't be available at launch, and will be available as soon as i can add them.
All pledges go EXCLUSIVELY toward game development. Money will be used for things like
- Computer Equipment/Hardware
- Mocap Suits
- And more