Hi There! Thank you for stopping by!
Who is Alignment Monkey? I'm Barbara Loomis A.K.A. Alignment Monkey. But chance's are you're here because you already know who I am. But just in case you don't, allow me to introduce myself....
I have 20 years of experience and training in the natural health field. I'm trained in four forms of abdominal therapy! It's safe to say, I love the belly and the internal organs! I'm a certified educator and practitioner of the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® and Chi Nei Tsang (Chinese Abdominal Therapy) as well as a Visceral Manipulation™ practitioner and a Wise Earth Ayurvedic practitioner specializing in woman's health. I've also certified with Nutritious Movement™ in restorative exercise. I have a heartfelt enthusiasm for teaching people how to care for their reproductive and digestive organs as well as teaching natural movement for pelvic floor and abdominal health. What lights me up is to see people connect with the inner beauty and wisdom of their bodies.
Why the Alignment Monkey name? I started my Alignment Monkey blog several years ago as a way to share self-care tools and anatomy and physiology education. I chose the word Alignment because I was studying the effects of alignment (or lack of alignment) on whole body health and function. Alignment also represents my desire for my heart, mind, and body to move in alignment with my soul’s desire. I chose the word Monkey because I like to be silly (as you will see in some of my videos), my Chinese astrology sign is the Earth Monkey and my husband calls me monkey, especially in regards to my wrestling style. So, Alignment Monkey was born. I also like the idea of a Monkey Troop that works and plays together in a supportive community, which is why I'm inviting you to be a valued member of the Alignment Monkey Troop.
Why Patreon? I joined Patreon because I needed a way to make learning affordable to more people around the world regardless of their income level, without exhausting my own resources. Putting quality content out into the world takes time and money. I've been sharing free content on my blog since 2011. I love doing so, but I'm struggling with keeping up with helping the many people who reach out to me for online support. I receive countless emails from women around the world requesting help for their painful periods, fertility challenges, tipped uteri, digestive complaints, pelvic floor issues and diastasis recti. Patreon allows me a way to continue to blog and make videos that empower women to take charge of their health in an affordable and fun way.
As an Alignment Monkey patron, you will also help me raise enough money to hire the appropriate help I need to get my online reproductive and digestive health courses out into the world!
My big picture goals are:
- to empower women across the globe with the tools to take control of their health.
- to build a community where women support and learn from each other.
- to change the negative narrative around menstruation, from " a curse" to a blessing and source of female power.
What I offer:
- Self-Care techniques for reproductive health
- Self-Care techniques for digestive health
- Lifestyle, movement, and restorative exercise
- Self-Care Techniques include self-abdominal massage, easy to implement lifestyle shifts, Chi Nei Tsang (Chinese Abdominal Therapy), how to test yourself for Flower Essences and how to make your own formulas, herbal education, how to work with stored emotions and more! In fact, as a Patron, you have the opportunity to choose any of the subjects!
- Videos, PDFs, articles, priority assistance....
Becoming a Patron Check out the membership options to the right and choose what works best for you.
Even if you aren't interested in the exclusive content I offer, but have found value in the free blog posts, articles, interviews, or videos I have been creating your pledge is a way to say thanks. Your support means the world to me!