Alli Martinis creating science fiction stories and writer resources
Select a membership level
You will receive:
• Your name added to the patron list on my website. (If you want to list a different name from your Patreon display name, let me know.)
• Access to the unabridged Write Life—monthly photos and news related to my writing life and a personal thanks to a patron.
• Access to writing snippets, deleted scenes, and other things I want to share.
In addition to all previously listed rewards, you will receive:
• Access to downloads for worksheets and resources, and recommendations for articles, books, apps and online resources to help organize, develop, and inspire your writing life.
1 Page Editing Advice
• One-page editorial advice! Patrons at this level receive 1 page (about 250–350 words) per month to submit for developmental editing or copy editing. (Includes review of query letter or synopsis.) Have a longer piece of work you want reviewed? No problem. You may bank up to 60 pages and, from that bank, submit up to 10 pages per month for review.
• Questions about this reward level? Please see the FAQ.
About Alli Martin
I'm Alli Martin, a science fiction and alternate history author and freelance editor.
I primarily write about female protagonists, diverse voices, and robots (who doesn’t like robots?). My alternate history work most often focuses on steampunk, but I am also drawn to the early 20th century and the future (by which I mean space, and probably more robots). You can find out more about my published work on my website.
Aside from authoring my own works, I am passionate about helping other authors bring out the full potential in their writing. I have an MFA in Fiction from the University of Central Florida and have developed an eye not only for identifying the strengths and weaknesses of in-progress work, but for helping authors develop their vision.
After a career in educational publishing spanning eleven years, I decided to cut ties with traditional employment and pursue a new career in which I could be in charge of my creative hours and output. As I pursue traditional publishing, I am making ends meet through a collection of pursuits including freelance editing, teaching writing workshops, and Patreon.
I can schedule writing workshops in advance, but editing jobs come as they're available, which means Patreon will provide a steady source of income throughout the year. Revenue will go toward everything from keeping my website running to paying for health insurance to allowing me to travel to and attend workshops and conferences. All of this helps keep me focused on creating—whether that's creating fictional worlds or creating resources to support writers.
Whether you want to get access to my creative work and process or are a writer interested in the writing resources I have to offer, I hope you'll enjoy what I share here and find something you can carry with you.
Writing communities and support are important to me. In addition to being a freelance editor, I am a Municipal Liaison for the NaNoWriMo Orlando Region and run the writing group Central Florida Inklings. I am active in other Orlando writing communities, including the MFA program at UCF and the Orlando Public Library. I love talking to writers about writing and helping writers develop.
Some of my Patreon rewards are geared specifically toward supporting writers. These tiers include editorial consultations and writer resources. Not sure how to punctuate a sentence you've written? Never got the hang of semi-colons? I've got you covered. (For questions about editorial consultations, please see the FAQ.)
If you're here more as a writer than as a reader, don't be shy. I'm as eager to help you with your writing as I am to find readers of my own.