My name is Amarna Miller and I'm a full time adventurer. If you came here to support my weirdness, THANK YOU.
I've been creating content in front of and behind the cameras for years. My last adventure has been to open a YouTube channel where I can talk about things that interest me and I feel the world needs to know: ecology, sustainability, emotional intelligence, feminism, sexual freedom... My aim is to continue making interesting content, both inside and outside of YouTube, without giving in to the demands of the market or the requirements of the media.
So, why Patreon? The cost of creating is high, and it's common to end up spending more time and resources on simply looking for distributors and sponsors instead of doing what you really have to do: CREATE. I want to bypass the commercial system and connect directly with my followers.
This platform allows my content to be independent, diverse and risky. Controversial, without compromise. Self-managed and self-funded. I'd be free from the limits imposed by brands and distributors, being able to focus entirely on making Stuff™ that I believe is important and interesting for my audience. No need to think "what sells best".
New YouTube videos, photoshoots, articles and more crazy, unpredictable things. My list of interests is pretty varied and I’m always happy to try out new things. What’s next? Podcasts? I love strange propositions. And I love to hear about the content you would like to see.
So if you find this interesting and would like to join me in this creative process, you came to the right place. In the meantime, don’t be hard on me... I'm new to Patreon, so this page will evolve over time.
If you've read all this, YOU'RE AWESOME. And I'm forever grateful for this opportunity ♥
What’s this, how does it work?
- Patreon is a micro patronage website. This means that you can contribute the amount of money YOU decide each month, and in return you will receive different rewards like stickers, postcards, unique content and my eternal, undying love. By clicking on "Become a Patron” and filling the required information, you'll get access to exclusive posts instantly. And don't worry, you can withdraw your contribution at any time :)
For more info, visit the Patreon FAQ.
What happens when I pledge?
- You will see a confirmation page. If your pledge amount comes with digital rewards you'll be able to see a post in the creator’s section where I explain how to access the patron-only area. Physical rewards are sent when the pledges are collected at the beginning of the next month.
What will you use the money for?
- I firmly believe that if we all share the knowledge we have, the world would be a much better place. That’s why I want to focus on projects that involve as much accessible, public content as possible.
But to get to this point I need support, help and patronage. I need to pay for my camera equipment and also the people who work with me. The costs to develop and maintain my website, the gas, the tickets. This is why I come to you.
So, my patronage goes towards to...
- Pay a fair wage to those who work with me. Editors. Cameramen. Designers.
- Create better quality videos on my YouTube channel. Lightning! Sound equipment! I want a proper tripod, PLEASE.
- Develop new Stuff™ without limits. What about a new book? Do you want T-shirts?
I still don't understand, please help me!
- Don't panic! I understand that this system may seem complicated at first. If after reading this FAQ you still have any doubts about how it works or how to pledge, please send an email to [email protected] and I will help answer your questions.
Where can I find out more about you and your projects?
- You can find me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and of course my YouTube channel and my personal website.
EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU are an important part of this community. You’re the ones who I’m creating for, and I’m eternally grateful for it.