Do You Wish For More Youth-Friendly Fantasy And Science Fiction Works?
Azure Fire Publishing does
Azure Fire Publishing (AFP) is a 501(c)(3) literary non-profit charity dedicated to inspiring a lifelong love of reading and enriching the fantasy and science-fiction genres.
Azure Fire Publishing
- Encourages the creation of youth-friendly fantasy and science-fiction works through writing challenges and publications.
- Mentors new authors, helping them grow into sensational creators of magnificent fiction.
- Inspires a lifelong love of literacy by teaching writers the art of storytelling for creating fantastic new worlds.
Born out of the Fantasy and Science Fiction Network (FSFNet), AFP is run by published, best-selling authors who desire to create books people love and share with friends. Enjoying our works is by far the greatest thing anyone can do for our authors and we treasure each reader. We are deeply thankful for your help in promoting and supporting our efforts to produce excellent, youth friendly fiction works.
But we love the genre so much, we freely share our support with new authors. Helping new authors get a good start adds so much to our community for all fans of fantasy and science fiction.
4 Reasons To Support AFP
- We want Azure Fire Publishing to go on for a long time. After a few years, we have proved it works. We have authors helping each other, a heavily visited website, fans signing up to the news channel and newsletters. Now, we need to extend our support to new writers.
- We need to make Azure Fire Publishing self-sustaining. While trying to do all this work with volunteers, the work has grown to the level where more is needed. We have already begun dropping some of our events supporting literacy and reading for lack of hands and funds. To continue our efforts of promoting youth-friendly works, we need ongoing sustaining income.
- Donations are sustainable. We've received donations from generous fans and authors ever since we put up the Patreon page, so we know this is one of the best paths to sustaining our efforts. Patreon allows anyone to become a patron of the arts by donating whatever they can easily afford each month. So anything, from $1/month up, is helpful to the literacy cause.
- Donations are tax-deductible. All donations go directly to AFP and all of the funds received are used to cover our operations—such as supporting Azure Fire Publishing's fantasy and science-fiction literary events and publishing. So your patronage is always supporting youth-friendly fantasy and science-fiction works.
What We Use Donations For
Azure Fire Publishing spends roughly $4,000 a month for our operations. If our donations exceed that level, we are not only self-sustaining but able to do more outreach for debut authors, reading events, school contests, etc. Donations are used for:
- Hosting. We need a robust enough hosting plan to support the highest spikes in traffic we get so we don't crash during those moments and ruin everyone’s happiness.
- ActiveCampaign. This is the service we use to email posts out to the subscription list. This fee grows as the email list grows.
- Ongoing web development. It's a website, so it has growing pains. It needs constant maintenance, there are always upsetting glitches coming out of nowhere and, occasionally, we add a new site feature. The people taking care of all this expect to be paid for their expertise.
- Marketing for events. When we announce a new event, we need to promote it to be sure that the announcement reaches everyone.
- Administrative Employee. We have a great paid administrative assistant who handles things like redistribution requests, spam comment deletion, website upkeep, author services, and a bunch of other jobs. She, too, needs to get paid for her time.
The pledge tiers are not high because we are not out for a profit. Our goal is to help all our members produce high quality works as good as, if not better than, other publishers. So, we are grateful for every dollar. If you want to help out at higher levels, we won't stop you from doing so, and—believe us—we have incredible levels of thankfulness for your generous patronage to the arts! Your donations are good karma for the fantasy and science fiction genre, and we believe that what goes around comes around tenfold.
If everyone who enjoys youth-friendly fantasy and science fiction helps to support it, our future would be much more secure. So, please pick a level and become a patron. You'll be glad you did!