Will You Support The Badass Fatass?
Most of the time, I am Rachel Dwight, a mild-mannered gig-economy spoonie keeping my bills paid and surviving everyday fatphobia and ableism. But some of the time, I AM THE BADASS FATASS, fighting to save the world from the perils of inaccessibility (-ility) (-ility).
Help me tip.. No.. SMASH the scales… drop the subsistence gigs… and fight full-time for a better world. MAKE THIS BE MORE OF THE TIME. JOIN ME. CONTRIBUTE TO THIS PATREON!
But who is the Badass Fatass?
BAD - Building Accessible Designs
ASS - Just Ass. I’m a sexologist.
FAT - I’m not only a superhero, I’m superfat, and I need somewhere to sit that won’t break me or the chair, dammit.
ASS - More Ass. I also run a body-inclusive sex store.
And this Badass Fatass is galvanizing an accessibility revolution. (-lution) (-lution).
Accessibility Revolution, you say?
Yes. Every person has access needs. To participate in society, spaces, relationships, the economy, healthcare, you name it. Everyone needs doors they can enter, furniture that supports them, air they can breathe and more.
Some people’s access needs are met, others are just not. That’s messed up.
When a person’s access needs aren’t met, two things happen:
- They have less opportunity to live a full life because they have to devote time, energy and resources to navigating through a world that is not built for them.
- They are exposed to both physical and emotional harm.
My own journey of navigating these perils allowed my superhero-self to be born. I refuse to let myself be treated as though my access needs are less important than anyone else’s.
<<Marvel Comics Narrator: Cast down, aside, and out of countless events and opportunities. Superfat, Disabled, Trans. Their scooter stolen, their body and gender identity challenged, Rachel kept moving anyway. Not a supercrip. Just super cool. In this cauldron of empowerment, the Badass Fatass was born.>>
Rachel again: Okay narrator/roommate with too much time on their hands, anyway…So when you fund me by joining this patreon <<Narrator Roommate: AND JOIN TEAM BADASS FATASS (-ASS) (-ASS)>> You help me do my work.
What do you do?
Everyone deserves accessibility in order to thrive. This is how I help:
- Approaching Access - Launching a consulting practice working with businesses to vastly improve access and inclusion for everyone. I need time for R&D, and building relationships with clients.
- Ally Trainings - Teach groups concrete practices on how to support and advocate folx with varying access needs.
- Writing, Speaking, Movement building - Via thebadassfatass.com and other outlets, empower those of us with varying access needs to love, appreciate, respect, and advocate for ourselves.
- Respect our Sex - Through retail and consultations support people of all sizes, physical abilities, ages and anatomies to have great sex.
To succeed with this work, I need you on my team; #TeamBadassFatass
Right now I drive lyft - a gig economy job with ZERO Safety net or support. It also hurts my body to do- it makes the Badass a Sadass :(
You supporting this Patreon helps me move away from a crappy gig-economy job to using my skills and knowledge to help make this world better for people with marginalized bodies and varying access needs.
Would you be willing to make a monthly contribution and become part of #TeamBadassFatass?
Your support is what keeps The Badass Fatass going!
Thanks for joining The Access Revolution.
~Rachel Dwight, The Badass Fatass