When it comes to insects, proper education and distribution of knowledge are very important!
Who am I?
I am an entomologist from the Netherlands that has dedicated his life to studying butterflies and moths. I am a published author of scientific papers about them, run a YouTube channel dedicated to butterflies and moths and several websites too with information and caresheets, and breed over 40 species a year as a hobby. Unfortunately, this hobby costs me a lot of time and money although my passion for these insects is enough to keep me going. This patreon page gives the community the ability to support me - and by proxy, all the webcontent and knowledge I hope to produce about these wonderful and underrated organisms. I am the owner of a moderately succesful YouTube channel about butterflies and moths, a website that lists caresheets, author of scientific publications and eBooks and much more. Please support me and my quest!
Some of my moon moths, splendid creatures worthy of our respect. Unfortunately, the future if many amazing butterfly and moth species is uncertain, and the only way to help them is to improve our biological understanding of them.
What are some things I am producing?
To prove I have the credentials, here is some of my webcontent and publications that your donation will support. For example:
1. My personal website:
My personal website about breeding Lepidoptera! (click)
2. My Youtube channel:
My YouTube channel, dediced to entomology! (click)
3. My research publications. I study these creatures on a scientific level to improve our understanding of them. Some background reading:
Life cycle of Lonomia electra (click!)
A blog report about my research (click!)
4. My many social media account that I have to maintain, like Instagram, Facebook, Facebook pages and more
What will my patronage support?
The funding from donations would support:
- Compensating for the costs of keeping my websites up (WordPress cost)
- Compensating for the cost of livestock (eggs, cocoons, pupae) and the required breeding materials (host plant, cages, containers)
- The development of my scientific publications
- Compensating for the time and costs involved in giving readings, education on schools, courses in biology of Lepidoptera and more
- Publishing costs, cost of literature and anything related to scientific projects