Our goal is to find, nurture, and promote up-and-coming artists who are rejected from the mainstream due to their controversial, alternative, avant-garde nature.
Since everything we do is on a voluntary basis, our Patreons are our lifeblood; here's a sneak peek on what your contribution will mean to us.
What We'll Use the Money For
- Running expenses. Everything petty like website hosting, design, submission managers, etc. Think of these as the living expenses just to survive.
- Artists support. Most publishers won't give a reason for rejection, and that sucks. We want to be able to help artists become better at their craft, and to do so we need resources to support the editors who support our artists.
- More artists support. We'd love to be able to pay our published artists, and to have contests with important prizes to attract talent to our community - talent that, ideally, will help the community grow.
- Marketing expenses. For as much as we don't like paid promotion, we live in a world where it's very hard to reach a wide audience organically. We'd love to have the funds to manage a small marketing budget to help us boost posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit - and since our posts are the works other artists, this is beneficial for the community itself.
- Printing subsidy. "Why don't you make a print version of your magazine?" is a question we've heard plenty of times. Print on demand for magazines is insanely expensive, and with a good recurring budget, we could subsidy a part of it to allow for a reasonable cost-of-print.
Thanks for any support you can offer if you decide to, and thanks for being a reader!