The Bee Smart beekeeping project is a way to accomplish many objectives altogether.
My objectives with this project are as follows;
- Perform live rescue and relocation of honey bee and bumblebee colonies to Bee Smart managed teaching apiaries instead of those colonies being exterminated.
- Provde hands-on experience building opportunities for beekeepers to better facilitate learning-by-doing at the Bee Smart teaching apiaries.
- Record the Bee Smart Beehooligans podcast once to twice each month featuring local Beehooligans who are active at the teaching apiaries and the special friends and guests from around the world.
- Teach classes about beekeeping and about native bees to expand beekeeprs and bee enthusiasts knowedge base.
- Operate the "Bee Smart Bee Spotters" sub-project teaching people to find, identify and share their native bee finds.
- Operate the Bee Smart beekeeping project website roviding member forums, downloads, class schedules and much more useful bee related information.
- Interact with people through Bee Smart beekeping project pages and groups on social media such as Facebook, MeWe, Twitter, Google Plus, and LinkedIn.
I am using this Patreon page to provide my patrons/subscribers (you good folks) with beehind-the-scenes posts and videos from classes, events and activities as they happen. Here you will also get updates and news about upcoming projects, events and activities before anyone else.
I'd love to hear what you would want as an extra perk for contributing to my tip jar here. I don't get paid for the things I do with the Beehooligans or at the Scatter Joy Acres teaching apiary.