For years, I've been making attempts at making a bigger impact as a writer. I've had some success - an article on the Escapist Magazine, some features for the blog Geekadelphia, and a small novella, Cold Iron. I've also written several reviews of games and films, and for a couple years I produced a series called IT CAME FROM NETFLIX! in which I both wrote and recorded reviews of older films. Unfortunately, I've had neither the time nor the focus to develop a lot of the ideas I have.
It's time to change that.
I'd like to use my imagination and skills with language to entertain others; my goal is, and has always been, to provide folks with a means to escape into new worlds or look at things in a new light. My blog's been an initiative in that regard, and Patreon's a way to step up those efforts.
Every Monday, I'm going to be bringing you a new story, which will fall into one of three categories:
1. Serial: These are ongoing stories, with new episodes as frequently as I can produce them. Some completely original, and some based on an existing IP, which may or may not be suggested by one of you fine folks.
2. One-shot: Standalone tales that put issues and themes into an allegorical context. I may be writing a story about spaceships or a historical drama starring Kaiser Wilhelm, but the true meaning will be something relevant to how we're living today.
3. Prompted: I keep my eyes open for prompts that inspire or challenge me, and some of them may come from people like YOU! Give me something juicy.
I may also produce the occasional vlog, livestream in which I discuss storytelling techniques or nuances while playing games, and other works. I'll also be posting all sorts of things on Blue Ink Alchemy that aren't fiction, from commentary on our current state of affairs to discussions of coding technology, game design, or what's going on in my head related to my bipolar disorder, PTSD, and journey through this life.
Any contribution you're comfortable with making supports me in the following ways:
- Maintain connections, services, and software required for Blue Ink Alchemy and related media projects.
- Purchase tickets, games, and Netflix subscriptions to provide media for inspiration.
- Help with the cost of travel.
- Keep the lights on, the roof secure from leaks, and local transportation taking me from point A to point B.
- Oh, yeah, and food. I'm going to need food.
- Access to a bi-weekly Patron-only newsletter from Blue Ink Alchemy with exclusive content.
- Earnest, unending gratitude.
- Lead turned into gold!*
Please note that, for any of the rewards below, I'll need your email address. It will only be used for communication and will not be sold.