- the Free Multitrack Download Library and its associated Discussion Zone forum
- the Library Of Mic Positions
- the Great 'Blood To Bone' Mixoff archive
- hundreds of production critiques of commercial music releases
- more than 1000 fully captioned audio demonstrations of recording and mixing techniques.
All of those are free to use for educational purposes -- and I'd like to keep it that way.
However, generating and maintaining these resources involves an ever-increasing amount of unpaid work on my part. Although I would like to continue expanding these free resources, I have reached the limit of what I can do on my own.
Which is why I'm asking you, the users of the Cambridge Music Technology site, to support my ongoing development work directly through Patreon. If I've helped you improve your production skills, then please help me continue expanding these educational resources for other up-and-coming musicians and engineers.
Where Your Contribution Goes
Your contribution will allow me to dedicate more time to creating new educational resources specifically for users of small studios -- in particular, new hands-on tutorial videos. I'll also be using your contribution to enlist professional help for live on-session video shoots and ongoing web development. More contributions will mean more new videos, faster growth of the multitrack and mic-position libraries, and a better learning resource for students and teachers. Every dollar counts.
Exclusive Benefits For Patrons
Via my Patreon feed, you gain access to an exclusive monthly podcast, in which I answer Patron questions, critique Patron mixes, provide tailored mixing advice for specific projects in the multitrack library, and offer unflinching and impartial opinions about important small-studio products and issues. For pledges over $5/month, you also receive pre-release viewings of new tutorial video products as they're created, while higher pledges allow you to promote your music/services on the most popular CMT web pages. And there's plenty of other bonus content besides!
For example, during 2016 (ie. the first ten months of this campaign) Patron rewards have included:
- pre-release viewings of 8 fully scripted Cambridge-MT recording and mixing tutorial videos. That's a total of 1 hour 20 minutes of high-quality viewing -- with zero filler!
- more than 6 hours of Patrons Podcasts, containing my personal mix tips on 8 of the most popular multitrack-library projects; my detailed critiques of more than a dozen Patron mixes; and my no-holds-barred Unvarnished Reviews of six different small-studio monitoring systems (including Yamaha's HS8 and KRK's Rokit 8 GS3).
- a special Cambridge-MT Patrons 'Colour Me Red' Mix Contest where I offered detailed feedback for each and every entrant.
- special Q&A articles answering specific Patron questions in detail, and day-by-day show reports passing on insights from the many top producers I tracked down at the Los Angeles Audio Engineering Society Convention.
CHECK OUT SOME OF MY VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE!