- the Free Multitrack Download Library and its associated Discussion Zone forum
- the Library Of Mic Positions
- the Great 'Blood To Bone' Mixoff and 'Colour Me Red' Mix Contest archives
- hundreds of production critiques of commercial music releases
- more than 1000 fully captioned audio demonstrations of recording and mixing techniques.
All of those are free to use for educational purposes -- and I'd like to keep it that way.
However, generating and maintaining these resources involves an ever-increasing amount of unpaid work on my part. Although I love continuing to expand these free resources, I have long since reached the limit of what I can do on my own.
Which is why I'm asking you, the users of the Cambridge Music Technology site, to support my ongoing development work directly through Patreon. If I've helped you improve your production skills, then please help me continue expanding these educational resources for other up-and-coming musicians and engineers.
Where Your Contribution Goes
Your contribution will allow me to dedicate more time to creating new educational resources specifically for users of small studios -- in particular, new hands-on tutorial videos. I'll also be using your contribution to enlist professional help for live on-session video shoots and ongoing web development. More contributions will mean more new videos, faster growth of the multitrack and mic-position libraries, more powerful and responsive hosting, and a better learning resource for students and teachers. Every dollar counts.
Exclusive Benefits For Patrons
Via my Patreon feed, you gain access to an exclusive monthly podcast, in which I answer Patron questions, critique Patron mixes, provide tailored mixing advice for specific projects in the multitrack library, and offer unflinching and impartial opinions about important small-studio products and issues. For pledges over $5/month, you also receive access to new tutorial video products as they're created, while higher pledges allow you to promote your music/services on the most popular CMT web pages. And there's plenty of other bonus content besides!
For example, since launching this campaign in 2016, Patron rewards have included:
- 20 fully scripted Cambridge-MT recording and mixing tutorial videos. That's more than 3 hours of high-quality viewing -- with zero filler! Recent titles have include: "Recording Big Rock Drums -- In A Tiny Room!", "Drum Compression At Mixdown: Six Common Tasks & How To Handle Them (7-part Series)", "Freeware Spectral Metering -- And What To Use It For" and "Multi-purpose Band Recording".
- 27 Patrons Podcasts (more than 16 hours of content), containing my personal mix tips on many of the most popular projects in the Free Multitrack Download Library, together with detailed critiques of related Patron mixes in the Discussion Zone; no-holds-barred Unvarnished Reviews of products such as the Yamaha's HS8, KRK's Rokit 8 monitors, the SubPac M2X, and Sonarworks's Reference; and answers to a variety of direct Patron questions.
- a special Cambridge-MT Patrons 'Colour Me Red' Mix Contest where I offered detailed feedback for each and every entrant.
- Q&A articles answering specific Patron questions in detail, and day-by-day show reports passing on advice from the many top producers I tracked down at the Los Angeles Audio Engineering Society Convention.
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes insights, photos, and videos from my recording and mixing sessions, as well as opportunities for Patrons to assist and shadow my work in person.