My goal is to make dyeing yarn at home approachable and accessible to everyone. I am constantly exploring new techniques and materials so we can all learn from my mistakes and successes. Sometimes people ask me whether I love all of the yarns that I create. The answer is yes. When you approach a dyeing project with the attitude "I wonder what will happen if..." then it is easy to be delighted with the results. As a trained scientist, I also enjoy the more technical aspects of the craft, but my aim is to show that you can chose these technical details as a refinement to your creative fun.
In October 2017, I launched the Dyepot Weekly series of yarn dyeing videos and started consistently publishing at least two videos a week. I want to continue to produce high quality dyeing videos experimenting with a wide variety of yarn dyeing techniques, materials, and equipment. Your comments and suggestions inspire the most amazing videos. Become a Patron so we can create beautiful colors together!
Patrons of ChemKnits can receive some fantastic perks:
- Access to the monthly Patreon Only Newsletter.
- Early Access to one new dyeing video each month. I will share the video in the monthly newsletter and Patrons will get to see the new dyeing project first! This video will become public when the next month's newsletter goes out, so at any point there is one video that only Patrons can see.
- I release at least two videos a week on the ChemKnits Tutorials YouTube channel, however I usually film episodes weeks before they are released to the public. Patrons will get exclusive behind the scenes sneak peeks on a new dyeing project at least once a month. I will start a Patreon only livestream as I film a scene for an upcoming dyeing video. You can watch as I set up, film, and occasionally refilm the scene and chat with me between takes. Sometimes these livestreams will start with little notice, but the replays will be available for Patrons to watch later.
- Text and/or Spoken Shout Outs in the early access dyeing video.
- I plan to have the occasional dyed yarn destash sale on Etsy, and give Patrons an advance notice of Etsy restocks so you can be the first to access the yarns dyed in ChemKnits videos. I am first and foremost a teacher, and plan to have my focus be on creating new videos vs running a store. However, I am creating much more yarn than I could ever knit so this works out for everyone!
- Discount Coupons good for my Etsy store, ChemKnits Creations, which launched on April 23, 2018.