Colleen Doranis creating Comics and Illustrated Books
Select a membership level
- Full access to my industry and creator rights blog.
- Sneak peeks of upcoming releases.
- My profound thanks. Every bit helps!
- 10% discount on ANY purchase direct from me at conventions
- A Distant Soil finished pages as completed! One year before print publication!
- Process posts.
- Select A Distant Soil fiction and Sourcebook entries and art!
- Plus all previous rewards.
A Distant Soil
- My previously unpublished fiction! Romance, action, adventure!
- All the A Distant Soil Sourcebook entries.
- All process and production on A Distant Soil.
- Wallpapers and icon art!
- All access to everything A Distant Soil.
- Plus all previous rewards!
- All previous rewards! Go you!
- More preview access to all of my work from other publishers and projects.
- Art process posts and - later - videos!
- Hand signed cards from my many travels!
- Semi-annual signed copies of books from my many projects to all supporters at this level! Worldwide shipping included!
Limited (49 remaining)
- The House of Crystalcutters. You rule the sacred stones. You get everything above as well as:
- Signed original print from me mailed anywhere in the world every 6 months.
- One character sketch per year, either 8"x10" BW, or full color handmade character bookmark.
- Semi-annual signed copies of books from my many projects with Worldwide shipping included!
Limited (10 remaining)
- Your support goes beyond and above. You get 1 piece of original comic art or an illustration from one of my many projects every three months, as well as prints, signed books, and cool swag with shipping included, anywhere in the world.
- Plus all previous rewards.
- Copies of all my books and comics as they are published as long as you are a supporter.
Limited (2 remaining)
- Art Warrior. Original art, 1 per month 11"x17", pen & ink, up to 2 characters. Can be a cover recreation, my characters, art/cover illos from my upcoming projects, anything in reason. Great way to schedule a commission.
- All previous rewards except House Avriahm (must commit to three months for House Yonorah reward sketch as well as Teramis monthly commission).
- Want something more than pen and ink? We can work it out. Use the $500 a month as down payment on a bigger, more complex commission.
Limited (2 remaining)
- You rule. An 11"x17" watercolor painting featuring up to 3 figures, every month. Can be a cover recreation, my characters, art/cover illos from my upcoming projects, anything in reason.
- You may commit for only 1 month, but if you choose to commit for an entire year, I will not only create 12 beautiful original paintings, but if you wish I will also create an original story based on these paintings (within reason, of course) which I may publish.
- Plus all previous awards except Teramis and Avriahm.
Limited (1 remaining)
- Art Patron God. If you actually choose this, you get one 16"x20" oil painting commission every other month, up to 6 figures: cover recreation, my characters, art/cover illos from my upcoming projects, anything in reason. Same custom book option for The Hierarchy applies.
- Plus all previous rewards except Teramis, Avriahm, and The Hierarchy.
- I totally don't expect anyone to choose these higher end options, but I'd love it if you did. I'd art a lot.
About Colleen Doran
Hi, I'm Colleen Doran, cartoonist/writer/illustrator. I've worked with some incredible people like Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore, Stan Lee, Warren, Ellis, J Michael Straczynski, Anne Rice, and Clive Barker. Books I have illustrated have won many awards and honors, including Eisner and Harvey Awards, been listed as YALSA Great Graphic Novels for Teens, in Best American Comics, and they have appeared on the New York Times bestseller list.
I have several personal projects to complete, primary among them my magnum opus A DISTANT SOIL. Published by the Image Comics imprint Shadowline, it is an epic space opera which spans more than 1000 pages and has taken me many years to tell. Our bankrupted printer discarded our catalogue of archived negatives, which set production of the series back years. Restoration of the project is costing approximately $100,000, all without outside funding or crowd sourcing.
I ache to finish the final eight issue story arc of the fifty issue A Distant Soil run, as well as to complete more personal works, many of which have been on the back burner for years: Daughters of the Wind, The Six Swans, coloring book projects, my novels, and a major King Arthur project.
My noble patrons are my lifeline. You support my art, and I make more art. Thanks in large part to the supporters of my Patreon, as of September 2019, I am working full time on creator-owned works.
With the kind permission of my publisher Jim Valentino of Image/Shadowline, finished A Distant Soil pages will appear here one full year before anywhere else (a 240 page graphic novel!) We decided not to go to press until all art on the series is finished. That's a lot of work and a long wait, but patrons don't have to wait! You'll see hundreds of sketches, in progress peeks, and have full access to my never-before published A Distant Soil Sourcebook info, as well as original fiction, character drawings, and new illustrations. You also get to vote on upcoming incentives such as pin, poster, patch and clothing designs, and to see all of the process involved in making them, and you will receive a Patreon exclusive password for offsite articles and art we can't host at Patreon.
You'll have access to my other creator-owned works in progress, fine art, as well as a number of goodies available for preview via kind permission of my clients. I also spent many years blogging about industry issues, as well as working as a lobbyist in Washington for creator rights. I'm moving all of that in-depth blogging and research here exclusively for you.
Your support is invaluable to me as an artist. Thank you for your kind patronage.
282 of 350 patrons
3 of 6
6 pages of A Distant Soil get completed this month if we reach this goal. I am able to do more work on my own projects.