Community Jamsis creating Community Live Music Space, Jam Workshops, Music Jam Outreach
For the cost of picking up low-fi CD from the artist after the gig, you can support live community music.. At $10 a month, you'll be contributing to help pay for upkeep, maintenance, and new strings!
For the price of tickets at the door, you'll support local live music and help build community connections. At $20 a month, you'll be helping to pay our monthly overhead, utilities, and general running costs.
For the cost of pair of concert tickets, you can help our community of live, local musicians grow. At $50 a month, you'll be contributing to the monthly overhead of our studio space, helping to give us a home, and keeping the music going.
About Community Jams
The community jams within Portland Casual Jams have become increasingly popular for their ability to transform lives, enhancing physical and mental health as much as building skills and teamwork. People learn together, play together, and develop musical connections forming priceless memories. Volunteers have worked incredibly hard to develop software for jams, organize events, lead groups, educate musicians, and build Portland’s community jams into a remarkable success.
And now our Community Jams are expanding again!
Members have requested more space, better technology, more types of jams and events, more equipment, and more education. It is also time to share the joy of community jams in Portland with other cities. With its unique approach to music collaboration and supportive technology, Portland Casual Jams has developed as a model for other music-loving communities around the world. In response, a Community Jams has been created to share the joyful experience of community music jams locally and around the world. Some major goals include:
• Provide Studio Space for inclusive live music events
• Develop and manage technology to help groups play, record, and stream live music jams
• Build a collection of donated instruments for community jams
• Develop mobile programs to share community jams in Portland and beyond
• Develop weekly programs for musicians of every age, ability, and walk of life that teach key concepts around playing live music as a group:
– Playing as an informal team
– Playing for performance
– Improvising with live music
– Practicing and recording live group music
– Integrating specific instruments into jams
– Singing with freedom and confidence
– Improving quality of life in physical and emotional ways
Our new monthly studio space is located at
1235 SE Division St, Portland, Oregon 97202
Help support Community Jams by donating to monthly via Patreon.