Dave's Horror Movie Projectis creating a platform for meaningful collaboration on Dave's horror film.
Access to patron-exclusive weekly blog posts, 2 tickets to the movie premier (with lifetime contributions of $25+), and a DVD copy of the film (signed by the director, producer, and the 3 cast members with the most screen time) at the premier.
Access to patron-exclusive weekly blog posts, 2 tickets to the movie premier (with lifetime contributions of $25+), a DVD copy of the film (signed by the director, producer, and the 3 cast members with the most screen time) at the premier, and a guaranteed audition and role in the film (with 3 months+ membership at this tier), which will range from a cameo appearance to a lead role depending on the quality of your acting ability and your level of interest in appearing in the movie.
About Dave's Horror Movie Project
Creating my movie blog (Dave’s Horror Movie Blog) and this Patreon page have been the first steps in this process for me. Although those steps were daunting in their own ways, they are but pieces in this much larger project, which will be a lengthy process. The primary goal of this Patreon page is to establish a web presence for the movie project, and to create a platform for people to become sponsors and collaborators on the movie project.
I do not have a set date for the completion of the movie in mind, and I do not necessarily think that having one at this point will accomplish much. However, I will say that it will likely be a few years before the film is completed. Script writing, plot development, shooting for some of the scenes, and auditions for some of the actors will be commencing in the coming weeks and months. I will also begin reaching out to a few high tier actors and members of the film industry for their assistance with certain aspects of this project. Since I live in Seattle, Washington I will be doing most of the movie production in and around the city. Additionally, I will not hesitate to use other areas in the PNW for parts of the movie. By that same token, many of the actors who appear in the film will be from the Pacific Northwest.
Here is a rough timeline of events for the film project:
- Now – 3 months out: Plot devising/development, rough script writing, acting auditions, and initial filming.
- 3 months – 6 months: continued acting auditions, character development, peer review, filming, securing the rights for music in the film, and contacting strategic film industry members.
- 6 months – 1 year: continued filming, video editing, film industry members assist in film creation, and promotion of the film to potential target audiences.
I have structured the Patreon donor tiers into three tiers: $5 per month, $10 per month, and $20 per month or more. I have chosen these tier increments based on the following factors: affordability, meaningful impact of funds given, and allowing for purposeful distinction between the tiers. Each tier comes with certain privileges. Being a patron at any tier entitles you to access to a patron-exclusive weekly blog post and 2 tickets to the movie premier (as long as you have given $25+). Additionally, please note that the privileges given to each patron tier are cumulative, meaning that $20 tier patrons get the same privileges as $10 tier patrons and $5 tier patrons, in addition to other privileges. If you are a member of the $10 patron tier you will receive a DVD copy of the film (signed by the director, producer, and the 3 cast members with the most screen time) at the premier. Patrons at the $20 tier (who have been for 3 months+) will have a guaranteed audition and role in the film, which will range from a cameo appearance to a lead role depending on the quality of their acting ability and their level of interest in appearing in the movie.
Some other important things to mention are that:
1. Anyone who plays a major role in the film (3 minutes or more of screen time) will receive compensation in the form of a share of the film proceeds (compensation will be negotiated on a case by case basis).
2. Actors will be given more autonomy in the role they play based on the quality of their acting ability and creative input.
3. There will be project updates and more info to come over the following couple months, so stay tuned to this site and my blog.
4. If you cease your contributions as a patron of the Patreon page you will no longer receive access to the weekly blog posts and content on the Patreon page.
5. Feel free to contact me with any questions and/or feedback that you have on this film project, the info on this Patreon site, and my movie blog.