Over the past two years, Dear Straight People has:
- Published more than 50 different coming out stories of openly queer Asians ranging from an openly gay pastor to a same-sex family.
- Produced a range of videos ranging from an interview with a mother of two gay sons to a LGBT National Day song cover to empower Singapore's LGBT community.
- Collaborated with community groups in fund-raising efforts such as producing this video for Singapore's only LGBT counselling centre and this photo album for a sex worker rights group.
- Provided a platform for queer people to voice their opinions and tell their stories.
- Educated straight people on LGBT related matters.
Why I Am Turning To Patreon
Running Dear Straight People has easily been the most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life. But it has also been exhausting. Single handedly running Dear Straight People while holding a full-time day job has not been easy. And I've burnt countless nights and weekends doing so.
So I've decided to turn to Patreon in the hopes that I don't burn out like the many others who have come before me.
As my patron, you will gain access to a wide range of rewards including exclusive patron-only content, behind the scene access, sneak peeks and even exclusive deals and discounts with pro-LGBT businesses.
I believe that the work that I do through Dear Straight People is important. And if you've read this far, hopefully you do too.