Debra Cowanis creating Folk Song Experiences
Select a membership level
As a core supporter you will get:
- a personal thank you email
- an mp3 download of the ballad "Bold Archer"
- access to exclusive content through my Patron-only feed
- the joy of supporting Folk Song Experiences.
With this level you will get:
- an mp3 download of "Fair Annie"
- a digital e-card in December
- a "milestone" reward when you reach various levels
- plus all the rewards at the $2 levels
- A signed copy of "Greening the Dark", Debra's 2019 release produced and arranged by Dave Mattacks NOTE: LIFETIME TOTAL MUST BE AT $24 OR MORE TO GET THIS BENEFIT
- an mp3 download of the ballad "Gypsum Davey" from the CD "Ballads Long and Short"
- Plus all the rewards at the previous levels
About Debra Cowan
Welcome to my wee corner of Patreon and I thank you for taking the time to stop by!
I am a singer and interpreter of all kinds of folksongs, both traditional and contemporary. Sometimes I sing unaccompanied, sometimes I use a guitar but mostly I love to hear an audience sing along when I am performing in a live concert setting. The songs I find are almost always about the human condition and my fondness for traditional songs and ballads inspires me to research the backgrounds, historical context and stories which I find fascinating.
And I have so many ideas for projects! Here are a few:
- Developing more historically themed projects such as my "Women and the Sea" program
- Continuing to work with Dave Mattacks as producer/arranger on future recording projects
- Being able to hire my good friend, guitarist Bill Cooley (who is featured on the ballad "Fair Annie") to tour and record with.
- Being able to hire a videographer to film my process for recording with a producer.
- Hiring an illustrator and/or animator for projects involving the songs I sing.
- Conducting interviews with some of the musicians whose songs I sing and some of the folks who have inspired me over the years
- Creating photo slideshows using songs I have recorded
- Accountability: Knowing that my Patronds are willing to support my creative projects every month, encourages me to work harder to achieve my goals affirming that my Patrons believe in me
- Exclusive Access: I have been posting lots of photos, audio and video here on Patreon. In most cases, my Patrons are the only folks that have access to this media. That's how much I appreciate my Patrons!
- Personal Touch: I am a huge fan of making things personal. I love sending cards and letters via the old fashioned method of the postal service and I don't mind picking up the phone and making a phone call to speak to someone.
I want to give my Patrons a window into my process as a musician and singer. Rough and finished recordings during the production process, videos and my thoughts about the songs I sing are always part of creating my Folk Song Experiences. I hope that you will join me! You can find out more, listen to music and see videos at DebraCowan.com
2 of 4
NEW GOAL!! I am beginning to look at my live shows and perhaps bring other musicians on board. In other words, I want to form a very small band. The biggest issue with this is that they have to be paid and they have to be paid a living wage. With this goal, by the end of the year, I'll have enough resources to pay 2-3 musicians for a ONE NIGHT PERFORMANCE. Yes, you saw that correctly.
Become a patron to
Unlock 68 exclusive posts
Connect via private message
Recent posts by Debra Cowan
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method