Hello, and welcome to our Patreon page!We are Ebullience Games, an indie developer team that focuses on creating visual novels — particularly otomes.
The team was formed after we collaborated on a different otome called Lads in Distress together and discovered our common dream to continue making more otomes.
We strive to create high-quality otomes with heart-warming romances and engaging plots, featuring creative twists that will leave the readers satisfied.
Overview of Our Works
The Masquerade Killer [GxB/G/N] [Historical Romance, Mystery] - In Development
AIRIS [GxB/G/N] [Fantasy, Sci-fi, Romance, Comedy] [NaNoRenO '17] - Completed in Apr, 2017
(Trailer done by Amy Smith)
Red String of Fate [GxB] [Romance, Slice of Life, Fantasy, Comedy] - Completed in Jan, 2017
Leader, Artist - "Greenace"
Our main artist is an experienced game developer, having been in various game and app developing companies for a long time. She was part of the team behind popular apps such as Hotel Story by Happy Labs Pte Ltd. Her resume and art samples can be found in her website linked above.
Writer, Programmer - "Windchimes"
With years of writing experience, Windchimes has been actively working on a variety of visual novels since she entered the OELVN scene. She is one of the leaders and writers for the otome, Lads in Distress, as well as the co-writer for the Steam released kinetic novel, Forgotten, Not Lost, and the editor for A More Beautiful World. Her full portfolio of visual novel works and writing samples can be found in her website linked above.
While most of the art and writing for our visual novels are covered by our team, there are some assets that we have to commission from other talented creators because we lack the necessary level of skills required for that asset production — e.g., backgrounds, GUI, soundtrack, etc. Funding out of our pocket for our commercial projects in progress can be difficult, as we all have real life bills and loans to pay. With your pledges, we hope to build up enough funds to commission more high-quality assets for our visual novels for your enjoyment, which will also speed up the development process of the games considerably!
Where Will the Funds Go?
The money from Patreon will mainly go towards the development of our commercial otomes, which mainly involve commissions and investing in better software programs.
For leftover funds (i.e. Patreon funds we received after all the commissions for our commercial games are already paid for), the team members will keep the funds for themselves, so that they can have more time to work on game development rather than take up commissions and part time jobs on the side to make ends meet.
Here are our current plans for spending the funds:
1. Commission high-quality backgrounds.
2. Commission high-quality, custom soundtracks.
3. Commission beautiful GUI and logos.
4. Commission awesome trailers.
5. Purchase better tools to aid development (e.g. VN Maker, RPG Maker, Live2D, drawing figures, ChatMapper)
6. Team members' living expenses
Rewards for Pledging
Thank you so much for considering to pledge! We have prepared a variety of rewards to show our gratitude for your support. To make sure we're all on the same page regarding the rewards, we have included explanations below, as well as samples and screenshots if possible, for each reward. If you have any further questions, send us an email at [email protected], and we'll be happy to answer any inquiries you have!
** Please note that these are all extra rewards to our amazing patrons who want to support us, not sale-purchase transactions where you pay the pledge amount per month to buy access to the exclusive patron posts for that tier.
Tier 1: Zest
1. Credited in GameWhen you become a patron, you can have your name added to the Credits in our commercial games that the funds have been used for, under the heading Patrons.
You can, of course, opt out of this. We will likely contact you for further details (e.g. name to be credited as) when we are working on the credits screen.
* Please note that you have to be a Patreon for at least a month as well as a Patron at the time of the game's release to be credited in the game! (Past Patrons will not be credited!)
* Please also note that if you do not reply to our message, we will assume that you want to be included in credits with the same username as your Patreon username (only first name if your Patreon username includes your last name).
2. Exclusive Updates and Previews
We will sometimes post updates and previews here that will be exclusive to only Patrons. These include, but are not limited to, concept art, sketches, game screenshots and writing excerpts.
Here are some examples of what kind of content you will be getting access to for this reward:
3. Detailed Game WalkthroughsYou will receive detailed walkthroughs for every game that we release, including games that were released before you pledged! This should help you obtain every CG in the game, as well as all the endings you missed or had difficulty getting. The first page of the guide will be spoiler-free hints on how to get particular endings in case you'd like to try your hand at them yourself but with just some tips.
Tier 2: Vivacity
4. Early UpdatesFor most updates that will be posted publicly on our social media, you will be able to read them a bit earlier here on Patreon (up to 3 days earlier)! Be the first to know about our progress and events!
* Please note that this does not include our monthly Kickstarter updates, as those are intended for our Kickstarter backers, and it would be a bit odd if we post them here on Patreon before Kickstarter.
* Please understand that sometimes, we may have finished new art right before our monthly Kickstarter updates, so posting all new art early here may not always be possible.
5. Patreons-only Discord Server
You will be granted access to a Discord server available to Patrons only if you so wish! You will be able to talk to the rest of our fans and discuss our games together! You will be able to provide feedback, ask us questions, give suggestions or just get to know us if you want to. At least one of us will be there to answer questions daily.
*Please note that there are rules for the Discord server to ensure it's a fun and comfortable environment for our Patrons, and if you break the rules, there is a chance you'll be banned. Please keep this in mind!
Tier 3: Buoyancy
6. Deleted or Bonus Scenes
Want more of our characters even after the game ends? Wish there were more scenes with a certain side character? By pledging to tier 3, you will gain access to Patreon posts of some deleted or bonus scenes from our games!
Here is an example of a post showcasing a deleted scene from Red String of Fate:
6. High-res, full size CGs
Upon release of the game, we will post a .zip file of all the CGs in game at full size (2560x1440) and high resolution (300dpi) in JPG format!
*Please note that there will be spoilers, obviously, so don't look at them before you've played the game unless you want spoilers!
Also, re-distribution or posting of these CGs are not allowed!
An example of a CG:
Tier 4: Exuberance
7. HD Digital Wallpaper Every Two Months
Every couple months, we will be posting a HD digital wallpaper, likely done by our artist, of one of our games! These full size wallpapers will be exclusively distributed to patrons [but small previews might be posted on our social media]. Feel free to use them for your desktop!
* Please note that re-distribution and posting of these wallpapers is not allowed!
8. Free Copy of Our Commercial GamesFor all our future commercial games, you will receive a free copy (if you have been a patron of ours for at least two months)! You will be given one itch.io key to the game upon release (and Steam key if we successfully get our games on Steam).
* Please note that you will only receive the key if you are an active patron at the time of the game's release! You will only be eligible for games that are released after you begin pledging. We will not give away past games to patrons who pledge after the release.
* Please note that re-distribution of our games in any form or way is not allowed!
Tier 5: Jubilation
9. Beta AccessImpatient to play our games? Want to provide constructive feedback at an early stage? You can choose to have instant access to beta testing for our future commercial games, bypassing the application process! While feedback and bug reports are greatly appreciated, they are not necessary — you can just play the beta version of the game for your enjoyment if you want.
* Please note that re-distribution in any form or way is not allowed!
10. Extra Game Information from Creators
Very often, interesting information about the world or characters don't end up making it into the game if they aren't relevant or feel like info-dumping. If you're curious about the worlds in our games or the characters' quirks, habits and so on, you now have the chance to learn more about them! We may sometimes post about additional tidbits of information that was never publicly announced.
Here is an example:
Tier 6: Ebullience
11. Be Part of the Creative Process
Ever wanted to be part of the development process? Well, now you have a chance to make your views heard and affect the game with your opinion!
Once in a while, we will post polls here for patrons to vote on. These polls will can be asking for your vote on a variety of character designs for characters in our games, or names and traits for characters, or even romantic scenes!
12. Inside Information
Because we are true masochists, we will keep creating one project after another. Often, we will refrain from announcing projects until things are more set in stone, and the development is further along. However, if you want to be the first to know when we're working on new projects and what our project schedule is like, you now have the chance to hear all the inside scoop from us! Sometimes, we may post updates on our future plans, including rough schedules of demos/betas/releases, as well as information about our future projects or ideas. That way, you'll always be on top of what we're doing and what games will be coming in the future!
* Please note that we may not have any actual plans for the future yet when we are focusing on a current visual novel.
13. Early AccessImpatient to play our games? Don't want to wait even longer to date your favorite character in our games? Well, now you have the chance to play our games 2 weeks to a month before it is publicly released!
* Please note that re-distribution in any form or way is not allowed!
Thank you very much for reading, and we hope you consider supporting our journey to create enjoyable otomes!