Yes, this adventure has been surprisingly fun, often informative, very personal, and quite engaging.
It takes resources to craft a story we believe is worth sharing & watching with that degree of regularity. A completed ten minute video may come from three times the footage, taking as much as a couple of hours to edit & process, and further time to publish on a regular schedule and never be late.
Yes, this is our story to continue to share with the world, but we are looking for better ways to sustain the effort.
Yes, we're going to keep this simple. For an ongoing $5 a month pledge, you will get:
- Our regular vlogs at *least* one week before the public sees them
- Your posted-as-a-patron questions screen-captured & answered in a vlog
- Priority comment inclusion for placement at the very end of the vlog
- Vlogs are Free-From-Advertisements during their sneak peek period
- Bonus footage that usually would end up on the cutting room floor
- Exclusive Behind-the-scenes footage that will not be published elsewhere
- A private & safe area to interact with one another (here, not on YouTube)
- 20% discount (non-transferrable) for VloggerFair events
- Knowledge that you're helping our family as much as we're entertaining yours
So, what do your pledges go towards?
- Our daughter's ongoing & future education (materials and the like)
- Creating & maintaining a daily archive for Jedi to refer to throughout life
- Costs that aren't easily covered due to being self-employed (for 20 years)
- Insuring that new vlogs will come on a daily basis without hiccups
- Making your family that much more a part of ours
- Lessening our reliance on advertisements & sponsors
Yes, if we connected with as many patrons for the vlog as we have for Chris's ongoing interactive live tech video series ("The LockerGnome Daily Report"), it would help us immensely and keep us from having to possibly scale back instead of diving deeper with you.
Thank you for your ongoing monthly pledges!