Heavy Cardboardis creating a podcast & YouTube channel for the heavier side of board games
- Our ongoing gratitude for your continuing support! Thanks, y’all!
- All the great content that you've been getting for the last few years
- Listed on our Patrons page on the Heavy Cardboard website
- Early Access to each new t-shirt design in the Heavy Cardboard Store a week prior to public release!
Our base level of support. You're helping us to expand and improve the show. Y'all rock!
All previous level benefits PLUS:
- Exclusive Patron-only access to our Slack channel! Think of it as a perpetual chatroom with us and your fellow Patrons! It really has become an amazing community!
- Exclusive Patron-only access to a (usually) monthly private video chat with Edward!
- Exclusive Patron-only voting for upcoming play-throughs!
- Exclusive Patron-only access to any Heavy Cardboard “Glory to Rome sessions” livestream play-throughs (Live, uncensored and NSFW)!
Woohoo! You're helping make Heavy Cardboard one of the best board game media outlets around!
All previous level benefits PLUS:
- Unlimited access to Edward’s teaching notes and any player aids that we used during our play-throughs, as available.
- One Heavy Cardboard patch or pin (your choice)
- One Free Heavy Cardboard exclusive Patron-only Challenge Coin after 6 months of support.
- Access to occasional bonus, behind-the-scenes content that includes things like studio video tours, show notes that we use for podcasts, and other things that show the creative process and how HC creates what y'all see as the finished product.
About Heavy Cardboard
Heavy Cardboard creates in-depth live play-throughs, interviews, and reviews of medium & heavy strategy board games, war games, and 18xx games!
Hey y'all! I'm Edward Uhler, the host of the Heavy Cardboard podcast & YouTube channel. I like the heavier side of board games. I mean, I really like the brain-burning, stupor-inducing, mind-melting games that are often overlooked by many in the hobby. Attempting to fill that niche was the impetus of the show, which started out with the podcast and branched into video side of things on YouTube. The focus of the podcast is the in-depth reviews on those (often) fantastic games which help folks make informed decisions on whether they may be ones that they will want to check out and enjoy themselves. In addition to the podcast, I also host a plethora of live teaching and play-through sessions of those games over on the HC YouTube channel. On occasion, I also host interviews and other content on both the podcast and YouTube channel..
Heavy Cardboard began in 2014 and since the beginning, it has been one of the (if not THE) central things in my life. The show has become more popular than I ever expected and it's showing no sign of slowing down, thanks to our incredible listeners and viewers! So while it's awesome that the show keeps on growing, with that growth comes increased costs. Since late 2017, I have counted on you, HC's beloved listeners & viewers, to help create the content that I (and you) enjoy. I truly love what I'm doing and I have plans on continuing the show for a long time, but as the show continues to grow, I want to continue improving the quality and breadth of the show. With your support, and the support of others like you, I can continue to improve the production quality of the show as well as expand the coverage of the people and games that help make this part of the hobby so great!
On the right side, you'll see the different levels of support and what benefits each level offers to HC Patrons. On the left side, you'll notice the goals when we (because it is a "we" thing, you and me) reach various milestones (use the arrows to see what Team HC is working towards).
Thank you very much for your support and I am looking forward to what we are able to create together!
This time, HC is going to add a PTZ camera to further enhance the viewing experience. This will allow zooming into particular areas on a board for games with massive boards/table sprawl (High Frontier, etc). This is be a significant upgrade to go along with the existing cameras.
Adding the 5th camera will also require the addition of another Pro Capture card for the studio computer. This ties into the next goal as well!