The playerbase in WoT is lacking in direction, regardless of tank tier. I cannot say the knowledge isn't out there because many players have found different places to get information be it the guides on the official forums, the new WoTLabs forums, or elsewhere.
I thoroughly believe that players want to improve... they just don't know how (especially because 90% of players don't even know the forums exist).
Throughout the months I've run multiple games with players from 40% to 57% and the difference in skill between them is immense... One thing these players all had in common was the need to improve their level of play.
I've said many times the players that seek help are not the issue. Currently there is no good way of reaching the untold masses to steer them on the correct path of proper tanking. An in-game tutorial is in place along with a fairly informative video that denotes the basic gameplay needed to understand the game. I was surprised at how informative this was despite how long it took to appear in the game, but I think the players need more.
So, what am I getting at here? We've gone over the main points of what makes WoT a great game and what we feel ruins the experience ad infinitum. So I want to extend my hand to help the community. I now have the tools to do so and will be working diligently with any player that contacts me via this stream, forums, or in game.
What I would like to do with the players that contact me:
- Review overall tank stats.
- Review replays from you, myself and other players.
- Tackle problems with tank classes, help you find your niche.
- Help you understand the importance of map reading and what it is exactly.
- How to spend your gold effectively.
- Map positions and their importance.
- What to do when you see Unicum on your side or the enemy team.
- When to be aggressive.
- How to trade hit points effectively.
- STAYING ALIVE.