So, what do you do?
- I'm here because I love creating and responding to art. I think creativity in every form is deeply necessary for humanity as a way of generally wrapping our heads around the strangeness of existence.
- Left to myself, I mostly write and illustrate. BUT -
- Collaboration is what makes the world go round. (My world at least!) In the past I've worked on a lot of film, animation and music projects too.
Give me some examples of your work - past, present and future!
- Back in 2016 I made a documentary on Beijing art in collaboration with AsiaWorks productions, worked on a short Harry Potter prequel with Foregone Films and blogged about my experiences living abroad in China for a year.
- At the moment, I'm working on a submission for Kingdom in my Head 'zine, an interview with Joseph Wallace for Skwigly animation magazine, and album artwork for the wonderful Julia Mascetti's new EP. I also like
fangirling aboutreviewing new creative works I stumble across.
- I'm writing a screenplay at the moment for a black comedy about living in a flat haunted by a passive-aggressive ghost. At some point in the future, I want to write/ illustrate a picture book about nature reclaiming places that people have abandoned. I'm also doing the design for an exciting production of Twelfth Night that will be put on at the O'Reilly Theatre in Oxford early next year.
- Want more? My portfolio is here! Go wild.
So why should I do the Patron thing?
- I'm currently studying an intense (albeit super interesting) non-art-related degree, and working during the holidays, so I don't have nearly as much time as I'd like to spend working on my creative projects. (Especially my writing!) If I manage to make Patreon work for me, I'll have a lot more time to work on fun creative stuff - and that means tons of extra content for you guys across all channels.
- Patreon is very much a new thing for me, and this whole page is a work in progress. What I'm really after at this stage is a community, a place where I can have in-depth interactions with like-minded people, rather than just a microblog or a shiny portfolio website!
- Hopefully, this Patreon will allow people who are interested in seeing more of my art - and in collaborating with me - to get in touch more easily. I have some standard illustration-based 'rewards' set up for this page, but please do let me know if you have something else in mind and then we can work on it together :)
Are we done?
- Yes! Thank you for reading!