Hey All! Want to know why I'm on Patreon?
Here are 3 practical reasons:
- Google Adsense banned my account after only three weeks and no payout. (Grrr!)
- I've never earned or asked for ONE CENT from my viewership in the 8+ years I've been blogging as Lady Blue (est. May 2009).
- I live in New York City, where the average rent is $2500/month, the average carton of milk is $4, and the minimum wage is $10.50. In other words, mucho dinerito THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH pero like ay yay yay.
- My content is worth it! It's smart, it's witty, it's well made. I swear, if you don't laugh or learn anything in at least one of my videos, you can unpledge this very second!
- I want to continue doing what I love to the best of my ability. I've always been a one-woman show, but Patreon allows me to hire staff, helping me create content that I can be proud of, on a regular basis!
- I've always heard a lot of commentary and criticism about my work but often felt very little support. Sometimes it was a struggle for me to keep going. Patreon provides a supportive and interested community, showing me that having faith in others isn't futile, and allowing me to heal my childhoods wounds one by one... =P