My name is Luci Maria Westphal according to my German passport... but L M Westphal-Solary on my NY State driver’s license and LuciWest on Twitter. Yes, this can lead to confusion, especially at US airports.
Hopefully less confusing: I take photographs and make videos to document the world as I see it… and I like sharing them with YOU!
Being creative is thrilling! And I’m so grateful I have the opportunity to explore, capture and share. I love the whole process – and I want to invite you to be part of this creative process!
By becoming a Sustaining Member through Patreon, you get to step behind-the-scenes with me to witness the creative process of filmmaking and photography and can actually participate! You will know that YOU are helping to make my documentary films and photographs possible! You also get “stuff”.
Details on how Patreon works:
- You pick the rewards and level of interaction (there’s never any pressure to participate, though) from the right column. The level of rewards is linked to a monthly donation. This amount will be deducted from your account/credit card every month. Of course, you can cancel anytime - or "downgrade" or "upgrade" to another reward level.
- Some of the rewards are physical gifts that you will receive in the mail. Some rewards are exclusive access to content or information. Some rewards are direct interaction, like voting on content, giving feedback on work-in-progress videos and invitations to screenings.
- With the money I receive, I can pay for the on-going costs of my video and photography projects, like subscriptions to editing software, transportation to shooting locations, web hosting for MovingPostcard.com + AllsWellAndFair.com + LuciWest.com, eventually paying a sound designer, printing posters... the list of expenses never ends… and I’m grateful for your help in making my creative work possible.
- Thanks to current patrons, I have already been able to eliminate ads before my Moving Postcard YouTube videos and website and I have a steady supply of green tea and chocolate to keep me working! THANK YOU!!!
A bit more about my work:
- Since 2010, I’ve been publishing the weekly video series Moving Postcard, which gives you a glimpse every week of a special location, event or person. Always free to watch and share.
- In 1996, I began filming the on-going documentary project All’s Well and Fair. Every ten years (1996, 2006, 2016) I interview Florida punk rock moms Tina, Margaret, and Rachel, plus their children (!) and then release a new version of the film. The third version is currently in post-production.
- In 2017, I started publishing the Happier Place videos - a continuation of the Moving Postcard web series.
- And all along the way, I photograph anything I find appealing: nature, animals, street art, cityscapes…
THANK YOU FOR BEING PART OF OUR BEHIND-THE-SCENES COMMUNITY!
* I wish I knew when All's Well and Fair 3 will actually be finished. But that's life in the indie documentary world.