Ludwig Van Toronto (the evolution of Musical Toronto) started as a small blog that operated as an elegant protest to the lack of arts coverage. It has now grown into a movement of thousands of arts lovers to look to us to keep them informed about the latest classical music news, reviews and features happening across our city. To keep up with you, we've had to expand our breadth, but it's getting expensive.
So here's the deal.
There is a lot of behind the scenes administration that goes into this. To make this work in the long term, we need your help. For a sum of your choosing, you can participate in keeping arts journalism alive in Canada. The more help we get, the more content you get.
After four years we haven't asked for much from our readers. We respect your time and consider it an honour to have your visit us every day. We keep our content free, because we believe that it’s the right thing to do.
We are serious about transparency. If you pay us, we work for you. Plain and simple. Not only that, you get some cool swag in return.
What We'll Use the Money For:
- Web hosting. Every time we have a post go viral, the huge spikes in traffic means we need to upgrade our server, so it doesn't crash. It happened 4 times last year, and my personal credit card would thank for a little help.
- Newsletter. Our daily, weekly, and monthly newsletters have grown exponentially. As the list grows, so do our fees.
- Website Maintenance. We have a great web guru who cuts us a break and gives us a good rate. He's a busy guy and therefore his rates go up accordingly. It's a big site with a lot of moving parts, and we could use your help.
- Writers. Last year was a rough one for us. We lost a few talented writers to other jobs, simply because we could not afford to pay them what they were worth. Help us hold on to our team.
- New Hires. This thing is just getting for one person to handle, and we need some serious help to cover our growing admin costs.
$15 a month gets you a signed copy of the latest award-winning book by acclaimed graphic novel artist Christian Quesne — Ludwig: Letter to the Immortal Beloved.
For $10 you'll get our fancy new e-Book, a Ludwig Van t-shirt + more.
Pledge $4 and you'll get a Ludwig Van Q&A eBook, featuring 20 contributions from some of the most important classical music performers in Canada and beyond.
For $1 or more, you are helping to keep arts criticism alive in Canada!