But comics doesn't pay the bills. Frankly, it barely pays anything. Creator-owned comics generate income unreliably at best. So, in order to remain able to devote time and resources to producing these books, I need support.
With your help, I can make more awesome queer-ass comics about lesbians in space and whatnot. Because -- honestly -- we can't expect the straights to do it for us. We've gotta be out there making comics and representing ourselves and telling our own stories.
Relevant work includes:
- Kim & Kim (Black Mask Studios) -- The cult comic about best friend interdimensional bounty hunters, featuring trans and bisexual protagonists. Art by Eva Cabrera and Claudia Aguirre.
- Quantum Teens Are Go (Black Mask Studios) -- Teenage sweethearts scavenges old superscience labs so they can build a time machine, featuring trans and LGBTQIA* protagonists. Art by Eryk Donovan and Claudia Aguirre.
- Sex/Death/Revolution (TBA) - A transgender mage living in modern New York City finds her past keeps changing on her. The culprit? Well, that's a little complicated. Art by Becca Farrow, Kasia Witerscheim, and Harry Saxon. Fall 2018
- Morning in America (TBA) - It's 1983, and a group of teen girl delinquents are the only ones standing in between a small town and total destruction at the hands of weird-ass monsters. ALSO THEY ARE ADORABLE GAYBIES. Art by Claudia Aguirre. Spring 2019
- Hexes & Woes. Helen Koslov is a teenage witch with a twist -- and a giant crush on the most popular girl in school. Late 2019
If my stuff doesn't catch your eye, please support other LGBT people working in the comics direct market.