Mike Nobodyis creating Music, Art, and Movies
Select a membership level
Contributing at this level is the equivalent of buying me a pen or pencil. It is a great way to help me build a broad, dependable base of financial support.
Think of this as like chucking a coin into a street musician's hat - a musician that also writes, draws, paints, makes videos, and other stuff. Pitch in a dollar to know you've made a difference and helped my projects move forward. It might seem small but it still makes a difference. Thank you!
- One new downloadable MP3 audio track each month.
- Access to the Superduper Secret SpaceCat Blog, with additional updates from my website blog!
- Connect with other patrons.
- PLUS you get to call yourself a patron of the arts!
Contributing at this level is the equivalent of buying me a box of permanent markers or a ream of paper.
You get digital downloads of Theee Urban SpaceCat Cassette-Zine, BEFORE the physical copies are even published! My goal is to release it quarterly, a new issue every 3-4 months. Sometimes, they may be behind or ahead of schedule, though. It depends.
- Limited Patron-Only Offers.
- Extra karma points!
- PLUS you'll get all previous rewards
Contributing at this level is the equivalent of buying me a tube of paint or a package of blank cassettes.
Additional Postage May be Required Outside of the UNITED STATES:
Each month, you will be mailed an envelope containing a note thanking you personally, with one groovy thrift store item or random object that I have found, possibly from my own collection. It could be retro, rare, kitschy, or bizarre; trading cards, stickers, a photo, temporary tattoos, postcards, pencils, keychains, nearly anything.... who knows?). That's right, random! That doesn't mean that it is useful! But it's from Mike Nobody, yeah!
- Discounts on merchandise.
- Sunshine, flowers, and Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing on Rainbows!
- PLUS you'll get all previous rewards
If you're reading this and you're already a fan, thank you. I don't know what else to say. You folks have no idea what it means to me that you're there.
If you're reading this and you have no idea who the hell I am, I invite you to check out my website and see if any of it looks like your type of thing. You might not like everything that I do (in fact, given how eclectic and idiosyncratic my work is, you probably won't). But you might still find something that resonates with you:
- MUSIC: My primary occupation. I've been playing solo and in tons of bands, like, FOREVER. The genres wildly vary. I can't think of any styles that I haven't tried already. But, I often gravitate to the strange and unusual.
- ARTWORK: I make art; paintings, drawings, whatever. Sometimes I add it to my other work. But, otherwise, it's just to be looked at.
- VIDEO & FILM: After years of vlogging and making short videos, I'm working my way up to making bigger independent movies.
- WRITING: I compose all of my videos and everything. But I also write stuff that is intended to be read, rather than turned into a script (zines, blogs, books, etc.).
Whether you're a regular or a newcomer to my work, I'm asking you to consider supporting me with a pledge. This Patreon account acts as a direct way for fans & friends to help support my creative endeavors. I never stop creating. I strive to continuously do new projects, bigger and better, and it takes awhile.
I also have many other things going on, problems that take away my time and resources to create! The fridge & cupboards are often empty. The van breaks down. The computer stops working. Equipment gets broken! Thousands of dollars in medical and credit card debt to catch up on....and so on it goes. Your pledges help me to get these mundane things dealt with quickly and out of the way so I can be more artistically productive.
I have so many ideas for what I would LOVE to do, to show you that I think would be amazing, that I just can't afford at the moment. That few extra dollars I need helps to create something awesome to show everyone and turn those ideas into reality. I have so many projects going and I know they'll all get done. I just need a bit of support.
If you are feeling generous, I would be extremely grateful:
- If you’re a musician, I would gladly accept your hand-me-downs; guitar parts, pedals, broken cymbals, snares, microphones, instrument cables, etc.
- If you’re filmmaker; cameras, props, computers, software, whatever.
- Materials to record with, build with, and paint with are always handy; blank cassettes, reel-to-reel tapes, paint, paint brushes, small canvases, art supplies, used and abused electronics, anything really! .
- Some things that I could use personally (and for my cat) are; easily digestible cat food, cat toys, snacks, medical supplies, household stuff, etc.
- Gift cards are fine, too; Pet Smart, Target, Meijer, Aldi, Walmart, Kroger, etc.
- Getting the word out about my music, videos, and art.
- Click the share + like buttons on Facebook and YouTube to bring the noise and help me reach more people on social media.
- If you know of any venues, promoters, festival organizers, art galleries, or media who would be interested in my work, please put me in touch with them!
c/o Theee Urban SpaceCat
P.O. Box 1201
Taylor, MI 48180
WHY SUPPORT? WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF IT?
I am not the type of person who is comfortable asking anybody for a handout, and that is not what this is intended to be. This is simply a way to get things done and for us to stay connected!
To my patrons I'm offering a variety of rewards in return for their support. If you're interested in and able to do, I'm flattered beyond words by that. Whether it's $1, $5, $10, $20 or some other number, you have my deepest gratitude. Depending on what level you choose to sign up for there are different perks available, but they are all aimed at building friendships. My people have my back and I have theirs! If I sometimes fall behind on giving any perks promised, I will make it up to you as best as I can ASAP. Life happens, y'know?
But, please don't become a patron if you're strapped for cash and low on money - I know what that feels like - and certainly don't feel like you have to. I will carry on making stuff whether you donate or not, it just might be a bit better and more frequent if you do. Please only sign up to donate what you can easily afford. If you can't afford to donate in the future, or you need to donate less that's absolutely fine. You can just log in to change or cancel the account whenever you want.
So, whether you simply want to contribute to help with costs, recieve new music from me every month, or see a plethora of patron-only extras.... sign up and let's make things happen! If I fail to deliver the goods, you can retract your pennies and spend them on bubblegum. Does that sound like a deal? Yes it does.
If a monthly pledge isn't what you're interested in, you can also make a single contribution via Ko-fi - even a dollar would be a huge help - it all adds up! Thanks so much for supporting me!
My immediate goal is to, at least, cover some basic costs. A good mix of patrons could really help out with music & art supplies, repair & maintenance of equipment, legal expenses, etc..
It may also help to keep food on the table, a roof over my head, and gas in the tank.