If you're reading this and you're already a fan, thank you. I don't know what else to say. You folks have no idea what it means to me that you're there.
If you're reading this and you have no idea who the hell I am, I invite you to check out my website and see if any of it looks like your type of thing. You might not like everything that I do (in fact, given how eclectic and idiosyncratic my work is, you probably won't). But you might still find something that resonates with you:
- MUSIC: My primary occupation. I've been playing solo and in tons of bands, like, FOREVER. The genres wildly vary. I can't think of any styles that I haven't tried already. But, I often gravitate to the strange and unusual.
- VIDEO & FILM: After years of vlogging and making short videos, I'm working my way up to making bigger feature-length independant movies.
- ARTWORK: I make art; paintings, drawings, mixed-media. Sometimes I add it to my other work. But, otherwise, it's just to be looked at.
- WRITING: I compose all of my videos and everything. But I also write stuff that is intended to be read, rather than turned into a script (zines, blogs, books, etc.).
Whether you're a regular or a newcomer to my work, I'm asking you to consider supporting me with a pledge. This Patreon page will act as a direct way for fans & friends to help support my creative endeavors. Even when I, sometimes, haven't released much, I never stopped creating, I just strive to continuously do new things, bigger and better and it takes awhile.
I also have many other things going on and problems that take away my time and resources to create! The fridge & cupboards are empty. The van breaks down. The computer stops working. The equipment is broken! Thousands of dollars in medical and credit card debt to catch up on....and so on it goes. Your pledges will help me to get these mundane things dealt with quickly and out of the way so I can be more artistically productive.
I have so many ideas for what I would LOVE to do, to show you that I think would be amazing, that I just can't afford at the moment. That few extra dollars I need helps to create something awesome to show everyone and turn those ideas into reality. I have so many projects going and I know they'll all get done. I just need a bit of support.
If you are feeling generous, I would be extremely grateful:
- If you’re a musician, I would gladly accept your hand-me-downs; guitar parts, pedals, broken cymbals, snares, microphones, instrument cables, etc.
- If you’re filmmaker; cameras, props, computers, software, whatever.
- Materials to record with, build with, and paint with are always handy; blank cassettes, reel-to-reel tapes, paint, paint brushes, small canvases, art supplies, used and abused electronics, anything really! .
- Some things that I could use personally (and for my cat) are; easily digestible cat food, cat toys, snacks, medical supplies, household stuff, etc.
- Gift cards are fine, too; Pet Smart, Target, Meijer, Aldi, Walmart, Kroger, etc.
- Getting the word out about my music, videos, and art.
- Click the share + like buttons on Facebook and YouTube to bring the noise and help me reach more people on social media.
- If you know of any venues, promoters, festival organizers, art galleries, or media who would be interested in my work, please put me in touch with them!
- Send me an email if you have ideas for new videos or rewards for patrons.
c/o Theee Urban SpaceCat
P.O. Box 1201
Taylor, MI 48180
WHY SUPPORT? WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF IT?
I am not the type of person who is comfortable asking anybody for a handout, and that is not what this is intended to be. This is simply a way to get things done and for us to stay connected!
To my Patrons I'm offering a variety of rewards in return for their support. If you're interested in and able to do, I'm flattered beyond words by that. Whether it's $1, $5, $10, $20 or some other number, you have my deepest gratitude. Depending on what level you choose to sign up for there are different perks available, but they are all aimed at building friendships. My people have my back and I have theirs!
But, please don't become a patron if you're strapped for cash and low on money - I know what that feels like - and certainly don't feel like you have to. I will carry on making stuff whether you donate or not, it just might be a bit better and more frequent if you do. Please only sign up to donate what you can easily afford. If you can't afford to donate in the future, or you need to donate less that's absolutely fine. You can just log in to change or cancel the account whenever you want.
So, whether you simply want to contribute to help with costs, recieve new music from me every month, or see a plethora of patron-only extras.... sign up and let's make things happen! If I fail to deliver the goods, you can retract your pennies and spend them on bubblegum. Does that sound like a deal? Yes it does.
If a monthly pledge isn't what you're interested in, you can also make a single contribution via Paypal - even a dollar would be a huge help - it all adds up! Thanks so much for supporting me!