Our Situation: I'm Milton Goh, 25 years old, from Singapore and both my wife Amilee Kang and I are stay-home parents.
We want to be fully present with our beloved daughter Maeleth Sarah Goh especially during her crucial formative years.
Mae is now 2 years old, and she's an inquisitive, active girl who loves to play.
I am passionate about writing for God and my heart's desire is to have the freedom to write anointed blog content full-time to edify and strengthen the faith of believers worldwide. I see this as my MINISTRY.
We know two things now:
1) We want http://MiltonGoh.net to continue for a long time. We have readers who eagerly look forward to receiving the latest sermon notes every week, who are excited to receive God's current word for their lives.
I love writing the sermon notes and blog posts— it's one of the most fun and fulfilling things I've ever done.
2) We need to make http://MiltonGoh.net self-sustaining for this to work. If it is going to go on for a long time, it has to be able to support itself.
Thinking about the long-term self-sustaining plan, we decided we don't want to use ads. Ads are annoying and hurt the user experience, and we can come up with a better way to do it:
The way Patreon works is that a reader can donate whatever they want per month and the donation is recurring each month after that.
So anything, from $1/month up, is hugely helpful to the cause.
What We'll Use the Money For:
Here are MiltonGoh.net's costs:
- Hosting. We need a robust enough hosting plan to support the highest spikes in traffic we ever get so we don't crash during those moments.
- MailChimp. The service we use to email posts out to the subscription list. This fee grows as the email list grows.
- Ongoing web development. It's a website, so there are always upsetting glitches coming out of nowhere and occasionally, we add a new site feature.
- Facebook post "boosts". When we announce a new post on Facebook, this makes sure that the announcement gets onto 1/3 or 1/2 of our Facebook followers' News Feeds.
- My Family. We need to continue to eat things and wear things and turn lights on as I work on these posts. God will provide through you wonderful, blessed people!
That's the basics. With those pieces covered, miltongoh.net can support itself and continue to be a huge blessing to others!
If the Holy Spirit leads you to become our patron, please do so. I can't wait to welcome you into our inner faith circle on Patreon. Let's grow in Christ together!