The complete Stake Sauce Arc 1: The Secret Ingredient Is Love, No Really Is On Sale Now!
AVAILABLE NOW, EXCLUSIVELY ON PATREON:
~STAKE SAUCE ARC 2, ACT 1!~
DEATH MASQUERADE ARC 1: ENTER, PURSUED BY...
(THIS SERIAL IS COMPLETE!!!
PATREON EXCLUSIVE UNTIL HALLOWEEN!)
- Death Masquerade Prologue: Major Arcana
- Act 1: A Witch
- Act 2: A Bear
- Act 3: An Angry Mob
- Act 4: A Priest
- Act 5: A Vampire
- Act 6: An Honest Man
- "Things We Learned In The Fire," Stake Sauce Short Story #1!
IN WHICH: Jude Meets A Punk Named Pixie For The First Time, But Not The Last. Also, The Roof Is On Fire.
- "Two In, Two Out," Stake Sauce Short Story #2!
IN WHICH: Felix Asks Jasper A Very Important Question To Which We Already Know The Answer, As Has Anyone Who's Looked At Them For Five Seconds
- "Blood Donor," Stake Sauce Short Story #3!
IN WHICH: Pixie Almost Shuffles Off This Mortal Coil For The Second Time, And Jasper Chases The Ultimate High
- "The Celtic Cross," Stake Sauce Short Story #4!
IN WHICH: A Familiar Witch Makes A Pretty Good Deal, And Finds That Something Wicked Is In The Cards.
- "Whispers," Stake Sauce Short Story #5!
IN WHICH: We Meet One Old Friend, One New Friend, And One New Enemy. The Old Friend Has Purple Hair, And Is Always Trying Their Best.
- "Lucky," Stake Sauce Short Story #6!
IN WHICH: Pixie Comes Face To Face With An Honest Man
- "We Always Win," Stake Sauce Intimate Encounter #1
IN WHICH: Felix and Jasper Like Games, And Wonder If This One Might Be More Fun With Three Players
- "The Way We Almost Were, Part 1" Stake Sauce Intimate Encounter #2
IN WHICH: Jasper And Felix Have Something Very Important To Ask Jude. Words Aren’t Strictly Required, But They Help.
- "The Way We Almost Were, Part 2" Stake Sauce Intimate Encounter #3
IN WHICH: Jude And Jasper Almost Face Everything They've Been Keeping Buried, While They Face Each Other. Very Closely.
- MAJOR ARCANA AUDIOBOOK/MP3!
- List of Character Tarot Cards
- High-Resolution Stake Sauce Act 1 Cover Art!
- High-Resolution Death Masquerade: Major Arcana Cover Art!
Hi there. <3 I'm RoAnna Sylver. It's truly lovely to see you here.
You might know me as the author of Chameleon Moon, a really cool book series about a cast of entirely LGBT, chronically ill and disabled people with super-abilities surviving dystopias.
(As we do.)
I'm also an artist, a singer, musical theatre performer, and a voice actor. I've even been on TV a couple times. Still doing all these things as much as I can, but it's a challenge with my Buttload Of Chronic Pain/Genetic Conditions and Various Health Ridiculousness. I also have another Patreon, which is for general Stuff I make.
But this... is something new.
WELCOME TO STAKE SAUCE, AND THE UPCOMING DEATH MASQUERADE.There will be:
- Vampires. (Mostly nice ones.)
- Set mostly in Portland, OR. This version is Only Slightly Weirder than Portland Actually Is. (I Live Here, I Know This.)
- And then switching over to 19th-century Venice, Italy. In what I understand is Much Weirder Than Venice Actually Was, Or At Least With More Vampires.
- Some are punk rock. Some are opera singers. None of them are straight.
- They and the humans who love them make up a diverse cast, which means racially, gender, sexuality, ability, religion - pretty important to me, for obvious reasons. (I'm a disabled, queer, chronically ill creator!)
- Also, polyamorous ships. It's gonna be fun.
- And because I am pretty much incapable of not writing anything ridiculously interconnected, these two storylines are going to be very important to one another, and all of this is going to come crashing together in some kind of (un?)holy mashup of High Drama Masquerade Opera and Punk Rock Asskickery
- And no Torture Porn/Gratuitous Death (I mean, there are vampires), but the Horrible, Sad, "Inspirational" or Torture/Suffering Voyuer-ing? Nope, enough. We have other stuff to do.
- Like in Chameleon Moon, there will be acknowledgement and respect of trauma, pain, and, obvs, death. But the focus will be on healing. And Fun. The most fun you can have while seeking out the forces of darkness, and joining their hellish crusade.
This October, the story will continue a few thousand miles, and couple hundred years away. Put on your best waltzing shoes, slip on a mask and find a partner. Magic is in the air, and nothing is the way it seems, because it's time for the...
When the no-nonsense Investigatore Giovanni is called in to address the ominous spike in Venice’s deadly murders, the last thing he wants to hear is that the culprit didn’t have a pulse. These ritualistic killings, all in front of or near cathedrals suggest occult serial attacks, not a monster-of-the-week… but he has to admit, things are getting pretty strange, and he could use a guide on this journey through the city’s underworld.
Letizia is that tarot-reading, deadpan-snarking, fiendishly effective guide, and she thinks it’s pretty obvious who/what’s behind these grisly scenes. And it’s not like she’s never dealt with fangs before. She’s got the situation under control… Until another body shows up right outside MonaLisa’s opera house – dedicated to the “Sweet Night Goddess.” Looks like the opera-world darling has an overzealous fan. Or maybe someone knows her secret.
Giovanni has a lead. Letizia has an Incentive. MonaLisa has a show to put on, no matter who ends up dead on her doorstep, or who’d like to see her rising star go down in flames. And like in all good masquerades, nothing is as it seems.
This story also contains Sweet Priest Nerds, Nonbinary Fire Witches Who Kick Butt, Plague Doctor Masks for Aesthetics and Practicality, More Polyamory… and Bears.
Many familiar faces will appear. Though they may wear different masks...
Sound like fun? Pick a level on the right... And take a bite. <3
SO NOW YOU'RE A PATRON...
ALL patrons get, regardless of monies...
- 1 Stake Sauce act a month, starting with Act 2: Of Lost Causes on May 1st! No waiting until October!
- Full-size, gorgeous Cover Art!
- Early Access to character art, music projects, and dramatic readings, sketches, WIPs, and notes! (TAG: BONUS CONTENT)
And starting at $2, you get everything above, and…
- STAKE SAUCE EXCLUSIVE STORIES. At least once a month, I'll write a short story that's just too secret for public consumption. These short pieces will hint at upcoming arcs, introduce new characters, important knowledge, or plotlines early, or give secret backstories on our current faves. (These will be the usual teen-rated. If you're after more risque content... scroll down.)
- DEATH MASQUERADE, ACTS 1-6 - When it launches, get monthly chapter updates! No waiting 6 months for the finished book!
$3 A month: All of the above, and...
- DEATH MASQUERADE EXCLUSIVE STORIES! Same deal as the Stake Sauce stories, after DM launches, get at least one short story a month.
- STAKE SAUCE nsfw vignettes~ (Upcoming!)
$4: All of the above, and...Ask And It Shall Be Revealed
- Ask a not completely spoilery question about either/both series, get an honest answer.
- Answers will be collected in This Tag!
$5: All of the above, and... Every Finished Arc as eBooks
- Once each Arc is finished, you get the whole thing in your choice of an ePub, Mobi, or PDF. No buying from Amazon, you helped this book exist!
- Audio Edition of Act 1/MP3 (Upcoming!)
$6: All of the above, and... Clairvoyance for Beginners
- A spoiler-free summary-peek at the upcoming Patreon-exclusive short stories.
$7: All of the above, and... Clairvoyance for Experts
- Read the actual outline of next month’s Act! Will contain spoilers...
- (Excluding Act 6/the finale, and the Truly Secret Spoilers.)
$8: All of the above, and... Audience Participation!
- Once a month, send me a prompt for a short scene or what-if. It can be an AU, a conversation you want to see some characters have, pretty much anything - around 500 words.
- I'll put all the suggestions in a list. Vote for your favorite, and I'll do the winning prompt.
- (These won't be charged posts; they'll be like writing warm-ups for me, or promos I'll post on public blogs!)
$10: All of the above, and... A Very Special Thanks!
- Your name will be included in the Special Thanks section at the end of each chapter!
- And… Name A Thing in the story! A street sign, a walk-on character, an event (The Jennifer Incident?). Either you pick a name, or I name it after you, after ensuring this is okay and deciding on what!
$15: All of the above, and... We Take Requests, Level 1!
- Send a headcanon/prompt/scene/ship, and I will write around 500 words! (This is like 'audience participation,' but instead of me picking just one or voting, I'll actually do all of these!)
- Within reason; NSFW is okay! But nothing abusive/fetishizing/bigoted/otherwise damaging; I reserve the right to refuse or ask you to pick something else.
$20: All of the above, and... Design A Minor Character!
- Send me a character of your own creation, and they'll be in the story in some way, with at least one speaking line!
$25: All of the above, and... We Take Requests, Level 2!
- Once a month, send me a headcanon/prompt/scene/ship, and I’ll write it, up to 1000 words.
$30: All of the above, and... Clairvoyance For Masters
- Ask me anything but the most absolutely unspeakable spoilers, and I'll answer to the best of my ability.
- The only caveat here is you can't say a word. If any secrets get out, we'll both know why…
$50: All of the above, and... Please Allow Me To Introduce: A Person Of Wealth And Taste
- Uh. Wow. We should… talk. You could ask me basically anything, including Shocking Spoilers.
- Like, wow, I don't even know, but my attention, you got it. (And also my eternal gratitude and incredulous, shocked Is This Really Happening face..)