The Globe is a big place, so I better introduce myself:
My hands have proven capable: To_Build_Houses... Yet the fingers are yearning for the more delicate touch of pencil to paper on a daily basis in pursuit of the Action Packed Adventures that I have in mind for the: #AtomicBabyClones!
These are specialized genetically engineered Infantry-Soldiers that continuously battle Cyber-Terrorism that plagues the commonwealth of The Arcade! The year is 2520, Mother Earth is no longer fertile and inhabited by the human race whom have scattered in all directions, although most seek refuge in the Metaverse. This is a Digital-Domain that is governed by a 'Stratocracy' that is perpetually under martial law and their prime directive commands: Code is Law, Protect The Core!
No one can calculate the dimensions of this Cyber-Space, leaving plenty of gaps for unregistered users to enter this Virtual-Reality. Among the multitudes of Malware that have become Mythical Monsters, or hordes of Techno-Thieves, are those known as the: 'Outlaws!' These believe themselves to be freedom fighters and claim 'Liberty for all Arcadeans!' These consist of a wide range in variety, from Tribal to Paramilitary. But are further too diverse to form a united front. The Metaverse is so vast and in eternal conflict between Order & Chaos! At any given time: A Cyberwar Rages! The more religious fanatics proclaim that the Core is an Oracle, intended as Shareware to enrich _and not enslave_ all electronic entities.
To gain citizenship to The Arcade, one must do mandatory military service.
But there is a short route for the Young & Brave, or the Old & Cunning:
An open Battle Tournament wherein the Victor is granted Sanctuary!
This is: The StarArena, a Game-Portal to that other Dimension!
Are you willing to invest in a Tabletop Cyber-Combat Card & Boardgame?
It would take daily drawing for months and To_Be_Honest; Once I start, I'd never want to stop! Before you even consider to commit any coin to the cause, let me give you a breakdown of the achievements so far: In small captions!
Let us begin with the joyous conclusion: Half the Work is already Done!
So? What have we:
• Let us begin with the Gameboards, which are half of the (ad)venture.
These Game-Portals have undergone several revisions over the years concerning graphics and technical game enhancing upgrades yet unseen in tabletop boardgames. In 2015 your narrator and creator of the StarArena gradually 'optimized' the design over 44 Pre-Production Proto-Types and will be submitted for Rewards to Patrons with big hearts.
All this can be captured in one sentence; The Game-Units are Ready For Production! These luxury deluxe game-units will be UV-printed on polyvinyl foam board, assembled and shipped by yours truly!
• Gameboard-Production: 100% Complete!
So? What 'else' have we:
• The other half of the (ad)venture: the Game-cards, these come in three variations:
- Hardware-Cards: These contain Character Artwork and represent the 'Strength' a players pawn has on the StarArena Gameboard (...or played as TCG only. These have (fictional) Dual-Hard-Drives to show the Download-Capacity & Battle-Values of said card.
- Software-Cards: In this day and age are best explained as Apps, these are essentially Battle-Options and have; A Download-Cost, Free-Space needed to Activate the App. A SW-Card Adds Battle-Value to your Active HW-Card in Play and can win you the Battle!
- Sim-Cards: The latest addition to the Game-Mechanics in this MetaVerse, SIM is short for Simulation. Also called 'scene' cards; this is a separate card-stack that effects game conditions for all players; Advantage to some, Misfortune for others?
So there you have it; the Game-cards (aka: Battle-Cards, Cyber-Cards) in a nutshell! Long story short; These have been in the making 'on and off' for longer and shorter periods of time during the last 20 years. But as I write these words, I am glad to announce; The Card-Designs have been Battle-Tested and proven 'Optimized and Combat Ready!'
- Final-Graphic-Design: 100% Complete!
- 130 Hardware-Cards: 100% Complete!
- 520 Software-Cards: ± 10/ 20% Done...
- 100 Sim-Cards, Also: ± 10/ 20% Done...
- Drawing & Filling SW & SIM-Cards!
- As my drawing style shifted somewhat over the years;
- I decided to Redraw the Oldies and create Fresh Card-Art!
- As you may well observe; I still draw like they did in the 20th Century!
- Meaning: There could be some Original Artwork rewarded to Patrons for on their walls!
- ...and: There is a production plan in place!
"To top that off; I am proud to announce that we are working on a Print & Play feature on the StarArena.network scheduled to release Summer of 2018 for anybody who wants to Beta-Test whilst the final product-release remains under construction."
Only, The Patrons will get New-Booster-Packs _after a completed comic_ Each Month ahead of time before the general public does. We can also build in a 8 Star Reward Tier that grants access to the Complete Card-Library that in combination with a Pre-Production Proto-Type Game-Portal will guarantee: That you will Miss Out on None of The Fun!
Until the Game becomes available on your phone;
First View & Play of Cute & Brute Battle-Comics & Game-Cards, is what I can do for You!
It is here where I ask you to consider donating Coin or Credit towards The StarArena and become a Patron so that I may full fill my task of completing a Kick-Ass Cyber-War-Game! When and/or If you decide to back the project, this will be a huge step forward for me, your humble narrator, to changing his occupation from 'Wood to (full time) Game~Smith!' For this I would be grateful with the deepest sincerity and I will continue the Battle with the White Paper and supply you with Royal Rewards fit for Kings & Queens!
Signed: PJay "GameSmith" Frith, March 1st 2018.