There are about 5 paragraphs here, explaining why I have Patreon...
TL;DR = It's a Tip Jar!
I'm Lisa and I create free video piano lessons for people all around the world!
I've been developing a proper systematic series of video lessons for beginning piano students that does justice to my piano teaching abilities (psst ...I'm a piano teacher in real life, too!)
I dream that this series of lessons would be everything you would need to go from Zero to Complete Pianist, despite the seeming limitations of distance learning.
My dream also includes being able to dedicate more time to being an online music teacher, with the end goal to make it my full time job! With more time at my disposal, more development and support will happen. For now, in-person music instruction is my bread and butter. If I'm going to do this for real, I'll still need to eat and pay the rent!
Online course delivery takes a lot of time! Here's why:
- I have to carefully pace and develop an overall curriculum,
- plan the lessons,
- write the music and worksheets, create the pdfs,
- record and edit the video lessons,
- uploading them and all the details that goes with that,
- and then ...update/build the website to make it all user friendly so you can find what you're looking for!
- and currently, I'm spending my extra minutes during the summer working on the early stages of an app.
- all of this takes many, many HOURS!
How can you help?
By becoming a patron! By joining my Patrons you'll be letting me know that you value my contribution and want to be part of my community, my inner circle, my council, my best buds...you get the idea. :)
There are a few perks for you as well! We can schmooze in the community feed, and beginning at the $5 level patrons will receive a 50% discount code* every time I publish a new ebook, plus there will be draws for prizes and Q&A's for Patrons only. Maybe even a google hangout or two, if there's interest!
*CURRENT NEW RELEASE DISCOUNT CODE FOUND HERE
Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom!! You rock!