Playable Magicis creating Magic: the Gathering Articles
Select a membership level
You're helping us keep the lights on and the jank flowing. You get:
- Access to our Backers-only Discord channel
- The warm feeling of having done a good deed
- The Eternal Gratitude of our Undying Souls™
For your generosity, you'll have our attention and our thanks. If you want it (for whatever reason) Bob will come up with a bad combo for you.
- Request a topic for an article
- Pick a card and Bob will give you a terrible deck idea for it
- Everything in the previous tier
Godhead of Awe
Holy. Crap. You are truly a person to behold, and your generosity will get you:
- Top priority on article requests
- A custom-made foil token of your choice (drawn in sharpie)
- Everything in the previous tiers
Playable Magic is a casual-play-focused blog about Magic: the Gathering. Our articles are written by two friends who have a passion for the game, a hunger for new ideas, and a desire to sow the seeds of creativity into as many Magic players as possible.
Articles are posted each Monday and Thursday, from one of our four categories:
- Mind over Commander: Ideas, strategies, and synergies for building Commander decks
- New Perspectives: Close looks at cards that are overlooked by most players, as well as alternative ways to use more well-known cards.
- Eye of the Stack: In-depth explanations of Magic's rules, plus interesting ways to exploit them
- Lore Seeker: Overviews of topics from Magic's lore, plus interesting details and maybe even some theory-crafting along the way.
By joining our Patreon, you can help us continue to bring you awesome content on a consistent basis. Domains and hosting aren't cheap, and this content takes a lot of time and energy to create! It would mean the world to us if running the site did not cost us money.