Hello My Name Is:
Heather Marie Luttrell. Some friends and family call me "Heffer" or "The Heff" and some call me "Possumdiva". I answer to all three. I am in love with music and art in all forms, well, except death metal.. I really am not a fan, but as with all things on this planet, like mosquitos and fleas, I am sure it has its place...
I have recorded 6 albums of original music, along with a couple covers thrown in there. I tour, sing, doodle, sculpt, book shows, build my website, write music, build my garden and work on my home, cook, blog, teach yoga, run, love on animals and my family. I play banjo, guitar and piano - and I just picked up the mandolin and violin. I paint on stuff - old records from the thrift store, upcycled jars and bottles, canvas, wood, paper, cars and I am an awesome wedding planner :) ....
I love sharing my art and music and would love the opportunity to share and communicate with my fans. I love having the incentive and drive to create new things for you that may help or brighten your day.
I have millions of ideas for videos, paintings, tiny works of art and new songs, and I would love your input, and your permission to make them all for you :) I wanna show you what a few bucks, ingenuity, 3 iPhones and a red head with an idea can do!
I'd like to take a second to talk about why I think this idea is so cool. I've always put videos, pictures, and "my life" on social networks and YouTube for free and that's not going to change. Through posting things on YouTube, Facebook, etc., I think I have developed loyal and generous fans. You guys are so important to me, I never would have believed becoming a working musician was possible without the overwhelming support from all of you. Now, I can't imagine doing anything else but I'm sure most of us would agree, it is not an easy road, and sometimes it's hard to make ends meet. I have completed the funding of 2 Kickstarter campaigns, and the difference here is instead of funding one big huge project, you get to help with all of the little ones, and collectively to some bigger ones, but the stream of artistic output is supported and nourished through our exchange in a consistent and interactive method which I am very excited about!
The industry for a painter/musician these days is a tough river to wade through and attempt to swim. Labels don't just come discover people anymore, physical CD sales are not like they used to be, art galleries are closing left and right, so now we artists have to create the path to our own success with more gusto and drive. This lovely website provides a way for you to help me focus more on creating and getting to the next level through consistent support, which I cannot thank you enough for. I like to think of it as a magazine subscription to my artistic output!
Things I will be giving you on this site:
- Free demo downloads of new and old original songs
- Cover songs that I love or some of your suggestions
- Access to exclusive deals and discounts on all physical stuffs I put out there
- Videos of what's going on : on tour, in my art studio, during song writing, while I am painting, my sketch books doodles, lyrics sheets, random silliness...
- Postcards with new art and handwritten love, surprises of thankfulness via the U.S. mail
- Downloadable, printable artworks from Craig and I
- Interaction : we can discuss the new stuff I am doing, the new stuff you are doing, any suggestions/ideas you have!
- Yoga lessons, guitar/song writing lessons, art/drawing lessons via skype
How often will you be releasing this nefarious content/artistic fabulousness?
(this explanation is borrowed from my friend Carsie Blanton: check her out!)
- I'll release new content between 1 and 4 times a month. If you only want to pay for one or two, you can set a monthly limit (click "edit your patronage", and then "cap your monthly pledge amount")
- I might release other forms of possum shenanigans more often, but you won't pay for that
- The songs will be non-exclusive, meaning my other fans will also get to hear them. I think of this system less like "you pay me, and I make songs/art", and more like "I make songs/art. If you love them, you can show your love by sending me a tip".
Smooches and Love my darlings and off I go to make you all proud!
Love Love Love and Whiskey,