Check out my guest entry on the Harmonix blog here.
Despite that honor, though, RBDB is still just a personal project created and maintained by a long-time Rock Band fan. So far it's all been a labor of love, but hosting and maintenance (not to mention the development of new features) takes time and money.
RBDB started out with the idea of creating a simple printed list of the Rock Band songs that I owned that I could share with friends and guests. What it has become, though, is a growing platform for Rock Band track info and more...
- RBDB.online — The main website for interacting with RBDB
- RBDB.io — Home of the RBDB API: a super easy way to build out Rock Band apps and experiences. A RESTful API featuring gobs of track data (improving all the time), Rivals challenge info, per song user data, and the ability to store custom data globally as well as per song. Better yet, users will be able to view their track lists seamlessly across any app or site that uses the RBDB API.
- RBDB.us — The RBDB Url Shortener, used by RBDB to keep all those links for listening, purchasing, album covers, and more super small so that data transfers are as zippy as possible!
- RunDLC — Manage your RBDB list on your iPhone! The first third-party app to connect to the RBDB API.
- More! — Other developers are already experimenting with the RBDB API—what new app will be next?!