I write stuff that's different enough that I have to convince people to read it. Then they read it, and they're glad they did. I like to take pulp fiction tropes, and rather than dismissing them, I ask how, if they did exist, could they have come about, and what the natural consequences of that would be? The major fiction projects I'm working on include:
- Post-apocalyptic Weird Western with a dash of steampunk
- Fantasy space opera / Age of Sail military adventure fiction
- High fantasy and hard sci-fi with diverse protagonists
- From time to time I do short stories or novellas for magazines and anthologies
- Recently I've been asked to helm the official SFWA YouTube channel
- A how-to guide to witchcraft that takes you from base beginner to advanced practitioner, with almost no attention paid to the religious parts
- An anthology on Pagan leadership
- An anthology on sexuality and consent in the Pagan community
- Pagan video content on my YouTube channel
- A blog on Paganism
- A blog on Canadian Paganism
- On-demand modern witchcraft classes
I'm also managing and making original content for the SFWA Youtube Channel! My work there is totally non-profit, and includes panel-style SFF related conversations, promotions, and posting SFWA official material.
As my Patron, you'll get first crack at everything I'm doing before anyone else sees it, special features, sneak peaks, and your name in the credits because you will be part of the process. You also get to be part of the unique fan community, "Sable's Privateers," where you can ask me questions about my work and special access to fans-only content.
Thanks to all my present and future crew for signing aboard!
MAY 2018 FEATURED PROJECTS: Brothers in Arms (Toy Soldier Saga); Livestreamed readings of "Homefront" (Toy Soldier Saga novella for the On the Horizon Boxed Set,) Livestreaming the Nebula Awards!; cover painting for the Wyrd West Chronicles, SFWA YouTube, back catalogue music for my YouTube channel, on-demand Pagan courses for my webstore. Scheduled releases for Patrons: "Homefront" Livestreams, a new story.