But isn’t all that stuff already on Wikipedia, GameFAQs or MobyGames? Surprisingly, no. I started Delisted as a series of YouTube videos in late 2014 and have received hundreds of comments asking “why can’t I get this game anymore?”. The answers just aren’t easy to find so instead of a cursory search and a quick comment reply I decided to start DelistedGames.com. Digging up press releases, scouring social media and time travelling through archive.org, I’m doing all that I can to collect the stories behind these delistings in one, easy-to-use site. At the point that I started this Patreon I’ve already got the site looking and working pretty much how I’d like.
- You can search from the top of any page by game, platform or company
- Each page has a simple table with the most relevant information
- Each platform, developer and publisher links to a page with a brief history
- The Extinct Games page lists all the games that are completely unattainable
- The Watch List collects games that might be on their way out