TechRaptoris creating high quality gaming news, reviews, and content.
Select a membership level
Premium Member Tier
Those who subscribe at this tier are supporting TechRaptor's vision of quality gaming news, reviews, and articles. Your support helps us fund additional articles and pay raises for our staff! (Includes Premium Discord Access and a Monthly Recap)
Super Extra Supporter Tier
Those who subscribe at this tier are highly supporting TechRaptor's vision of quality gaming news, reviews, and articles. Your support helps us fund even more articles and pay raises for our staff!
Supporters at this tier have an open offer to have early access to assist with development of our new site once we're ready for feedback, as well as Premium Discord Access, and a Monthly Recap.
What does TechRaptor offer readers that most other sites don’t?
When it comes to news – you’re going to see passion in what our staff writes about in every post, because we’re gamers and techies too, and we truly care about what we’re putting up on the site. From new game releases to industry news about censorship or issues, you can guarantee that you’ll get a well-informed article from a writer who cares about the issue.
Value Added News is our guide – we want to add value to each post whether in providing further information about the topic, context of it, or the writers clearly separated quick take on the story.
When it comes to reviews and editorials – you can guarantee that we’ve taken the time to play the game and research the topic, meaning that you’re going to get well-informed articles and reviews site-wide. We don’t believe in sensationalizing topics or reviews which is why you won’t see clickbait-driven headlines or articles – we want to bring you quality content that you will enjoy reading every time. How we handle reviews can be seen in both our Review Score Policy and Ethics Policy, which run down our approach to reviews – including items like finishing the game before reviewing, embargoes, and how we score reviews.
We want TechRaptor to offer a community that is inviting and welcoming to both new and old readers, fostering open discussion and discourse. To do that, you have to start with quality content, quality staff, and readers who are as passionate about the content as you are. As our Founder said in an interview, “If we share what we’re passionate about with the world, people are going to come and join us.”
Apart from all the news, opinion pieces, and reviews, we also have our regular article segments, including but not limited to:
- Raptor 6 – A series we run on Sundays breaking down 6 things in gaming, tech, or tabletop in an informative list format!
- Tabletop Tuesday – Board Game reviews delivered on a weekly basis!
- KekRaptor – Satire series that we run on Sundays
- Gaming Obscura – We take a look at a game that went unnoticed by most gamers.
- Playing Roles – A series on anything and everything RPG related.
- Bullet Points - Every game has a standout feature that captures a player's imagination, and this series examines those features and why they make the games they appear in memorable.
- Character Select - Articles that focus on character discussions and dissections.
- Crowdfunding Spotlight – We pick some of our favorite current Kickstarter projects and let the world know about them.
- Coverage Club - a series where we shift our critical eye towards smaller games that deserve some attention.
- Dark Narrative - a deep look at the various missions and level design found within the Thief series.
- Video Reviews – Often a supplement to our written reviews, video reviews offer a second look at bigger titles helmed by our YouTube team.
- Quick Thoughts - Our series of video impressions of games both big and small. More in-depth than a first impression, these pieces will give readers a look at gameplay that is narrated by one of our editors.
- Worth Playing - A series that looks at games that are worth your time, such as The Order 1886 and DRIVECLUB
- E3 – We send a few people to E3 every year to conduct interviews and write up previews, as well as our offsite staff covering conferences and news! We’ve published over 210 articles both of the last 3 years (2016, 2017, 2018)!
- Gen Con – You can guarantee we’ll be visiting the biggest board gaming convention around, conducting interviews, gameplay videos, and more!
- Indy PopCon, PAX East/West, and more – even more previews, interviews, and coverage!
TechRaptor roars a giant THANK YOU for your support so far! Without you, we wouldn't be the website we are today. If you can't donate, or you just don't want to, no worries, just keep reading and we kindly ask that you turn off adblock, it really does help.
If you want to keep up with all the latest developments, follow us on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/techraptr |
Disclaimer: Developers: we ask that you DO NOT donate to our Patreon and instead concentrate on putting out awesome and creative products and games!