We are the cast and crew of That DnD Podcast. We are numerous, energetic ambitious, and hungry. At any given time, we probably have AT LEAST two or three campaigns being recorded per week. We are also getting into the 'Interview incredible tabletop RPG folks in various positions and from various backgrounds' game, and I'm incredibly proud of the work we have done so far.
Most updates are Mondays and we do some extras on Thursdays. If you want to check those out and haven't already, you can do so at the following places:
- Podcast feed can be found at www.thatdndpodcast.com
- Twitch streams can be found at www.twitch.tv/thatdndpodcast
- Youtube videos of offline stuff AND archive of our Twitch streams can be found at www.youtube.com/thatdndpodcast
- Our ramblings, updates, and community outreach is generally available at www.twitter.com/thatdndpodcast
- We can keep things running! File hosting is expensive. We've bounced around between places, but have settled into our SquareSpace site and the plan we are using lets us host our files there. That saves some money, but SquareSpace and Roll20 and ObsidianPortal, and any other necessary expenditures add up. While the podcast may be free to listen to, it is not free to put out.
- We can upgrade our gear! Stuff sounds better, looks prettier, and is overall more enjoyable
- We can buy more materials! We don't want to dwell on the same rulesets we've played already. More money means access to more handbooks and rulesets and cool stuff like that
- We can pay our editors! I know that getting paid for tedious work seems like a no brainer, but currently it is being done pro bono by some of the cast. Erin did a huge chunk of the early editing. Renee took the reins from her after that has been doing the lion's share of the 'make us sound pretty and competent' work. We aren't expecting to be able to pay her to be a full time audio editor or anything, but being able to compensate people for their hard work would be really nice
- Stretch goals! Having more money coming in means we can worry slightly less about keeping the lights on and more about new stuff we want to do. Going above and beyond our monthly cost reimbursement opens us up to not only buying new gear and books, but saving up for BIG STUFF. Maybe we can fly places and interview people live! Maybe we can do awesome giveaways! Maybe we can get everyone together for some live in-person streams, or cons, or a bunch of other things! Your time and energy as a community is the biggest thing for us, but some extra money would go a long way to fulfilling some theoretical *PLANS* that exist in our hearts and minds.
In addition to helping us pay our bills and buy new books and gear, our leftover balance may be used to help others that are going through hardships. The decision is made at our discretion, and for the sake of the recipient's privacy will be kept secret unless they choose to discuss it. Such decisions will be made after all existing financial obligations have been taken care of.
In dice we trust,
Founder, co-host, techpriestess