We are reuniting to create content to make the world laugh. We're doing that by coming to you first, just as we've done since we started making videos in 2012. The dream? That we can make a living producing insane content that puts the "QUALITY" back in "YOUTUBE." That should be wordplay, but it's not. And that's the kind of originality you can look forward to with the Valleyfolk.
“I’m sorry… who?”
Oh, that’s how it’s going to be? Fine. Here’s who we are:
Once upon a time, a group of four strangers came together for a new, mysterious creative endeavor. This endeavor ended up being SourceFed, an explosively popular YouTube channel that changed our lives forever. We (Joe Bereta, Elliott Morgan, Steve Zaragoza, and Lee Newton) dedicated countless hours to building a community of people who wanted one thing: a reprieve from the world around them. SourceFed was where we met and our love for each other blossomed. For that, we want to send out a big thank you to everyone who made that happen, including Phil DeFranco, everyone behind the scenes, our co-hosts, and, of course, you all!
Now, we're looking to do it again-- only this time, we're wiser, funnier, and closer. Now that the dust has settled since SourceFed was shut down, it’s time for a new chapter. The Valleyfolk is a comedy-first production company with a singular vision: entertain the masses and answer to no one. And in order to make that happen, *WE NEED YOUR HELP.*
This isn't SourceFed. It's not a sketch channel. It's not even just a channel. It's far more ambitious: it's an opportunity for us to work with one another, and others, to bring you first a weekly show and a podcast, and then whatever the heck else we (and you!) want. We believe that when it comes to entertainment, we are the best team for the job, so consider this our hail mary job application.
“But Patreon? Really? Isn’t that so 2017?”
No, it’s not, and how dare you. In fact, here’s why we’re starting with you:
- Freedom. The kid gloves are off. By being independent, we can provide our audience with exactly what we’ve been trying to provide them with for years, both during and after SourceFed: high-quality, unfiltered entertainment. We're also going to bring in all our friends, previous SourceFed hosts, collaborators, and in doing so, we will create a platform for driven, hilarious, or just plain insane talent to flourish.
- Ownership. The Valleyfolk is entirely owned and operated by Joe, Elliott, Steve, and Lee. This is not just a new podcast or weekly show. The Valleyfolk is our careers and our future. We’re just four insane people who happen to believe that, with a little help, we can make huge changes in the world of comedy and entertainment. And we're looking to you to give us that chance.
- Vision. This isn’t just a weekly show and a podcast. That is just the beginning. By consulting with business strategists, colleagues, and a legal team, the Valleyfolk is the most ambitious project any of us have embarked on. Don't let our frantic bantering fool you: We have crossed our t’s and dotted our i’s, and if beginning with Patreon was not the absolute best way to make this venture as successful as possible, we wouldn't be doing it this way.
“What are you really gonna do with my hard-earned cash? Just disappear?!”
The first thing we’re gonna do is pay to have that sass washed off you, but then:
- A shooting space. As you can tell, we need a space to make videos and podcasts. We also need to build a set, buy equipment, and get our quality up to snuff with our standards.
- Salaries. Currently, no one is taking any money from this endeavor, but the goal is for the Valleyfolk to be our careers. It’s difficult to write a sketch when we’re hungry. Your money will help us make ends meet while we build this into something incredible. In today’s digital climate, uncertainty is the new norm. This is fine for many creators, but we are a group of professional artists and creators, which means that the stability provided through Patreon will directly impact everything we do.
- Go from weekly to daily. Without going into details, the success of this Patreon is directly related to how much of our own vision comes to fruition. Your cash will help us launch this thing, but depending on its success, it could also help produce comedy specials, scripted series, live shows, and much, much more. Imagine a utopia where creators aren't limited by adsense, bigger brands, or corporate entities. That's our goal.
"I'm still not sold. Why should I support you on Patreon? Money's tight these days..."
In a word? Faith.
What we're asking for here is a chance to do what we love. We're a team made up of Joe Bereta, a veteran digital producer and powerhouse talent. We're Elliott Morgan, an intellectual, thought-provoking entertainer who's spent the past several years honing his skills as a host, writer, and stand-up comedian. We're Lee Newton, a professionally trained sketch artist whose comedic voice is as unmistakable as her love of weird looking dogs. And we're Steve Zaragoza, a genius blend of Internet culture, comedy, and musical talent. We're also all best friends, and we may just be the weirdest non-related family ever.
We're producers, writers, comedians, and actors. And we are asking you for the chance to f*ck sh*t *p.