What is Workflow?
To put it plainly every business operation is based on a series of steps, actions, decisions, and activities that allow a goal to be completed. More often than not the more detailed processes or the ones that have a high value to them are managed by a computer system or application. Workflow is a component that is either built into the application or is added on later to manage the process from start to finish.
Successful workflow has two objectives:
- Get the right information to the right person at the right time.
- Improve Process Efficiency by removing data-driven decisions from human responsibility where ever possible.
- Complete Workflow Engine
- Designed and developed to work with the Oracle Database
- Designed to Integrate with Oracle Application Express Applications
- Completely written in Oracle's PL/SQL language
- Supports multi-tenant functionality
- Supports simple data manipulation and complex method execution
- Does not support BPMN (yet)
- Simplified Import, Export, Duplication, and Versioning of processes
- Relay Workflow is currently in Testing for Release 1