Venessa Gis creating Fiction
Select a membership level
Fankids are basic fans. You like me! :)
- A lovely Thank-You message from me :)
- Regular Patron-only posts - updates, random postings
- other random stuff, potentially including but not limited to: recipes, convention tales, pictures of my cats
You might notice the proliferation of "random." ;)
BehindtheScenesFans get all the stuff Fankids get, plus:
- Behind the scenes fiction-related posts - Get deleted scenes, setting sketches, character character sheets, etc
- Early reveals - See covers before anyone else!
- Early purchase opportunities - You'll get first opportunity to purchase books, before it's officially launched!
BackstageFans like to see how stuff works! ;) You get all the benefits of the previous levels, plus:
- Indie publishing backstage scoop: I'll post at least 1x/month about the indie-pub journey so you can see all the trials and tribulations! These posts will also be open for questions. It's some craziness out here!
- Input on stories when I'm trying to make a decision: You guys will be the ones I come to for brainstorming advice!
- Excerpts from a random Work in Progress
Not a bad haul for $5 ;)
I'm a writer of weird things, an editrix extraordinaire, and a little bit of a nerd. I love the show Supernatural and was devastated when Sense8 was cancelled (Damn you, Netflix!). Urban fantasy tends to be my genre of choice for reading, but I've also had a long love affair with horror. I live in Atlanta, GA, with my hubby — who is also my muse :) — and three cats who basically rule the house, but won’t pay the mortgage.
I've spent the last ten years helping other writers improve their craft and in 2018, I decided that it was time to focus on my own writing! I've already released a novel and a short story in the Soul Cavern series, and have a few more up my sleeve!
My first indie release is Jivaja, the first book of the Soul Cavern series. The first five chapters can be found for free here. There's a bit more behind the wall for Patrons, as well!
I've discovered that I quite like the "trope, but not trope" vibe. For example, Jivaja is a vampire book without vampires. The Visci do live on human blood, but they are not undead humans. So vampires, but not vampires. I also have an upcoming series that has zombies, but not zombies.
It's a thing ;)
So that's my writing! I hope you like the rewards I've set up. I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you!
Also, I love to travel and I go to a lot of conventions, so I'll be sure to post updates on where I will be and when. I hope to be able to connect with some of my Patrons at various conventions too!
And in closing...
I've been called the kind of evil that inspires hugs. ;)