Who Are We and What Are We Doing?
- Aly is a writer! She has several short stories out in the wild, and she published her first novel, "On The Isle of Sound and Wonder," in 2014. She co-hosts a podcast called Get Hype! with Mel Fox. She records audiobooks and is getting into other branches of voice acting. She also occasionally live-tweets her first time watching iconic science-fiction movies (#SciFiForTheFirstTime).
- Drew is a longtime GM and in 2017 he was a finalist in the 200 Word RPG contest for his entry "Happily Ever Maybe." He has several other RPG works-in-progress, including a surprisingly gritty garden gnome survival game and a multi-layered steampunk/dieselpunk airship game. He writes freelance for Shadowrun (yes, that Shadowrun!).
We are currently delving into a world we've created all on our own, working together to build a well-rounded, thoroughly developed fantasy world called Warda, where various diverse races of fey are the ruling classes and humans are the lowest of the low. An Edwardian-aesthetic realm with tamed magic, scheduled weather, and a lot of social intrigue to deal with. It's a Game of Thrones meets Downton Abbey sort of feel, with a thousand stories to tell.
The History of Warda
- January 2016 - the first ideas for Warda were brainstormed while Drew and Aly stood in line for the Haunted Mansion at Walt Disney World.
- March 2016 - the very first roleplaying game set in Warda began. This game is called Winds of Change. They sat down to play and explore with several friends, and recorded the games on a single mic for posterity.
- May 2017 - James D'Amato of the One Shot Podcast Network approaches Aly and Drew about hosting a weekly live stream game on Twitch. They agree, and quickly cast and create Curiosities, which airs weekly on Tuesday nights.
- July 2017 - the official Warda podcast launches! It includes the Curiosities storyline divided into hour-long (ish) chapters with added music and intros/outros.
- September 2017 - Curiosities ends. Aly and Drew forge ahead with an anthology-style set of one shot episodes on Twitch called Glimpses.
- October 2017 - Glimpses ends.
- November 2017 - Aly and Drew move from Chicago to Orlando. Aly writes several short stories and scenes from Warda featuring a number of characters, set to be early-access Patreon content as she works through editing and revising them.
- January 2018 - the first chapters of Winds of Change are released to the Patreon. The public podcast will line up with Winds of Change in approximately April of 2018. Aly and Drew are also asked to officially join the One Shot Podcast Network with Warda!
Our Goals with Patreon
Patreon is a way for people to directly contribute to our creative pursuits AND directly influence the choices we make in storytelling, structure, and future outcomes. During the live stream sessions, Patreon patrons were able to vote weekly on Plot Twist Polls, help us explore the world through Getting To Know You questions, and more. Although at this time the live stream is on extended hiatus for Warda, we hope to return to that weekly activity in the future. Patreon can help us get that equipment, pay our performers, and finagle fees for other necessary logistics.
Currently, the podcast is following all of our previous storylines and one-shots. In April, Winds of Change will take over as the primary storyline (although it was played first in real world time, the story takes place ten years after Curiosities!). We intend to create and cast a NEW storyline to follow Winds of Change in the fall of 2018 if possible. Even if we aren't able to do live streams with it right away, we want to have a new campaign on the podcast by then.
We are also working on creating original game mechanics and a world book to publish and sell. Many people have approached us about wanting to play their own games in Warda - and we want to bring that to all of you. Although Fate has worked well for the previous games, we want to find our own path and create a totally new roleplaying experience not just with the world, but with the way you play in it. We intend to bring the game to playtest at Gen Con 2018, and your support will help get us there.
By jumping in here to help us create and produce, you will be making a massive difference in both the outcome of these projects and our real life - so for that, we thank you.
Aly & Drew
Social Media links:
Facebook.com/AuthorGrauer (book of faces!)
@dreamstobecome (tweeter and insta-graham!)
Welcome To Warda:
http://www.welcometowarda.com/ (website and blog)