My name is Burgundie Miceli. Welcome! My Patreon content is the extension of my yoga classroom.
In 2015 I opened my little yoga studio in Columbus, Ohio with the hope that I could someday make a living only doing yoga related things. HOWEVER. My studio only holds 9-13 students, depending on the type of class. There are limits to what I can do with that. My biggest challenge, other than studio space, is that I don't only want to teach movement classes! Yoga is so much more than asana (poses).
Then I learned about Patreon while listening to Star Talk (and then Adventure Archives and then Talk Nerdy)! BIG IDEAS popped into my head and I want to try them all! Some may be amazing ideas and some not so much. I'm ok with that. I hope you are, too.
More than anything, I love to share knowledge and teach and learn. These videos and podcasts will focus on all things yoga and things you didn't think were yoga.
All of this content is available to everyone...just like my feelings about yoga. It should be accessible financially and physically to everyone.
There are quite literally millions of yoga videos on YouTube. I highly recommend anything from Kino MacGregor. If you're looking for movement videos, look her up.
I want to provide something different, and I hope you'll enjoy watching and listening as much as I enjoy making.
Here's a general idea of what you can expect.
- Ask Burg Videos: You email me questions about yoga, I make a video response. That's it. Email me at [email protected].
- Everyday Yoga: Videos applying the 8 limbs of yoga (yoga principles) to real world stuff.
- Yoga Asana/Pose Videos: Only if you ask about certain poses. I may try some streaming classes through Facebook or YouTube. We'll see.
- Podcast Interviews: I interview all kinds of people from around Columbus to discuss their thoughts on all things yoga. They'll help us learn more and think about the many sides to yoga as an ancient tradition, a body/mind/spirit practice, and a lifestyle!
- Yoga Happiness Hikes!: These new videos follow me on day hikes along trails around Ohio and surrounding states as I pretty much talk to myself about yoga topics.
- YOGA Talks: The video and audio recordings are done at my studio on Wednesdays at 7:30 pm. All are welcome. Each month we discuss and/or practice a different topic. Past topics include: mindfulness, pranayama, anatomy, etc. Upcoming recordings include: death, chakras, and more.
My intention is to create meaningful content. With your patronage, I can spend more time teaching yoga and sharing yoga with you. Your contribution means more videos, maybe some better equipment, and a variety of locations!
Come breathe, move, and smile with me!