Thank you for your interest. My name is Acci Baba, a Visual Artist living and working in Berlin. I create Experimental Art Film that unveils a unseen point-of-view and presents a image that people don’t know how to react to, but make them think. My motive is to investigate another explanation on universal truth to gain further understanding of what we are and where we are heading to. This is what I like doing and what I am specialized in. I wanted to take this opportunity to financially sustain upcoming projects and hopefully being able to continue my practices to make this world a better place.
Up to now, I have been personally financing the production costs on my own, sometime with an additional support through my close friends. Eventually my creative ideas grew and realized it was not possible to continue financing out of my pocket. Then I came across the idea of financing my works through crowd funding, This allows me to realize my mission at the same time being empowered by the supporters. The idea of art being supported through grass-roots is a new form of creation that has huge potential toward new cultural sprout. I believe this is the positive creation cycle I had been looking for, and this is how I want to show next creative generation how to live.
Patreon is a crowd-funding platform focused on artists. It is an efficient way for creators to earn ongoing revenue directly from their patrons, fans, & supporters. Patrons can pay a wishing fee per month or per post that a creator makes. This allows creators to stabilize the production cost of their creation in monthly basis. (For example, if you pay $2 per video, and the creator releases 2 videos in February, then your card gets charged a total of $4 that month. )
- The amount of pledge can be decided by patron.This can also be changed by the patron anytime.
- One-time pledge is also possible. Please see the instruction here.
- You can cancel or edit the amount of the pledge anytime.
- The goal I am setting is per creation (per film).The pledge will be charged 3 times per creation based production stages; 1)Pre-Production 2)Production 3)Post-Production.
- All of the pledge will be used toward the compromised goals listed.
- The pledge will be charged on beginning of each month (on the 1st) by Patreon.
- Ratio between Artist: Patreon is about 95:5. So 95% of patron's pledge will reach the artist.
- Depending on your country of residence, VAT may apply on pledge.
Here are selected works I have created in the past. For more details, please checkout my official website.
AWARDS / SELECTIONS
Below are the list of international film / art festivals that my work has been commissioned.
– Finalist, Euro Fest – European International Film Festival, St.Petersburg Russia (2018)
– Competition Finalist, Tehran International Short Film Festival, Tehran Iran (2017)
– Competition Finalist, The Lumen Prize / Shortlist, London U.K (2017)
- Official selection, European Media Art Festival / Germany (2017)
- Special Jury Award, Short To The Point International Film Festival / Romania (2017)
- Official selection, VOID International Animation Festival / Denmark (2017)
- Official selection, Ars Electronica Animation Festival / Austria (2015)
- 1st Place, Cut & Paste Design Tournament / Germany (2012)
- Official jury recommendation, Japan Media Art Festival / Japan (2009)
- Official selection, Pocket Film Festival (2007, 2008)
- Official selection, Edinburgh International Film Festival,“Mirrorball:Made in Japan” / U.K (2007)
- Official selection, RESFEST10 / Japan (2006)
- Official selection, Shizuoka Contents Valley Festival / Japan (2006)
- Official selection, Los Angeles Film Festival 2004 / U.S.A (2004)
- Competition nominee, Holland Animation Festival / Netherlands (2004)
Rather than introducing myself too long, I will link my website below for those interested.
The executed works will be presented first in Patreon members-only post. A week later it will also appear in Artist website, social network channels, along with video platforms such as YouTube & Vimeo. The works will be submitted to Film / Art festivals, informing the screening schedule over the Patreon fan page.
Thank you for your interest and your time. Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts.