I produce documentary-style video content about video games and their impact on culture: history, influence and artefacts of design. As a one man team, I'm responsible for all aspects of production: script-writing, graphics, voiceover, gameplay recording, editing and music.
I've been doing this for a while now - and so far I've been reliant on advertising revenue: an inefficient but passive way to monetise that works very well for some channels - but less so for mine.
I've always been reluctant to make demands of my audience - not once have I implored anyone to like, comment, or subscribe - and it is with the same reluctance that I seek crowdfunding. What changed my mind was the realisation that as a creator, ALL my income must ultimately derive from my audience - who else?
I'd like to carry on doing what I do best, and with your help - I can.
In exchange for your support, I will pledge the following:
- Continued focus on well-designed content with no compromise in quality.
- All such content freely available on the Ahoy YouTube channel - for everyone.
- Full-time commitment: no other commercial work undertaken while crowdfunding active.
- No sponsorships, paid reviews/placements or endorsements in videos. YouTube adverts will remain, at least for now.
- No laurels rested upon: I will continue to experiment, develop new concepts and endlessly strive to improve and deliver the best result possible.
Lastly, I'd like to thank all of you for your support over the years - whether through donations, your kind words or just silent attention. Ultimately, you are the reason I do this - the motivation that fuels my quest to make the best video game content possible.
There's no shortage of gaming videos on YouTube - but nobody makes content quite like mine.