(Photo by Duke Virginia)
While working on major social projects, performances, installations, or video art pieces—in other words, my 4D art practice—I keep a playful 2D/3D practice going. These prints, cards, drawings, cross-stitch, knits, plates, and other mixed media works are like my artist diary that I share with the world, and they're the types of goodies I'll send to my patrons while the big research is happening. While the social work and the craft experiments may feel disparate, the visual art helps me make sense of gender, chronic pain, power, and performance in ways that a conversation might not. In all cases, I start with a question, idea, or feeling and engage any means available to investigate and play within its realm.
Patreon supporters can expect to:
- Have questions answered in my new vlog which is equal parts serious and extremely strange
- Read essay reflections on current and past social projects, research, and teaching
- Find inspiration with my regular What are they? posts about all my favorite things
- Receive patrons-only discounts in my Etsy shop ($10+ tiers)
- Get playful with monthly art surprises like postcards, prints, poems, zines, and stickers sent to your mailbox ($10+ club tiers)
- Get bonus art surprises and personalized notes sent to your door ($20+ club tiers)
- Get all that and original works sprinkled in with the art surprises *and* a special top-tier-only queer art video monthly! ($50+ club tier)
Thank you to everyone who has supported this project through material donations, time, money, and other resources. You're supporting me in my dream job and I couldn’t be more grateful!