My name is Nate Morrison. I'm the founder of American Defence and I'd like to tell you why I'm using Patreon. If you're reading this, chances are you like what we're doing, you're intrigued, and you want more of it. That's great because I do too! There's just one problem. The fact is that American Defence has always been and continues to be a one man show. It's just me, some really big goals, a ton of knowledge, skill, and zero capital.
American Defence is very unique and what we are attempting to do is unique. It's never been done before. Our mission is threefold:
- Develop a culture of civic & military excellence within body of The American People.
- Support and defend the U.S. Constitution, The People, local & state EMS, and the American Republic.
- Act as the National Governing Body for the USA Military-Applied Sport League.
We accomplish these objectives via three programs:
- Smart Citizens
- Fit To Fight
- Fight To Win
- Survive With Honor
We have no competition and more potential than you can shake a stick at. I've put every penny I have and more into these projects but without a marketing budget and the equipment to produce better quality products, we simply cannot achieve our full potential. We have to grow and grow fast!
2017 is upon us and the time to act is now! If we're going to restore the republic, we need to make our big move in 2017. If we're going fight obesity and restore athleticism to the United States, we must act quickly. In order to break out of this cage we're turning to crowdsourcing through Patreon. Our current system and store simply doesn't generate the capital we need to cover our costs. The issue is simple, we have to expand and to expand we need more capital. Yes, we need money to grow and a lot of it. That's where you come in.
WHAT WE'LL USE THE MONEY FOR
Our initial goal is $5,000/month. That money plus the store income will be enough to keep American Defence and USA Military-Applied Sport going. Here are the items that require funding:
- WEB HOSTING: We need a robust hosting plan to support the platforms we use and high spikes in traffic. The plans are extremely expensive when purchased on a monthly basis as they are now. Multi-year plans save 30-50% that can then be rolled into the other areas we need to improve on.
- ONLINE SYSTEMS: Everything is online, cloud based and subscription based. That's everything from MS Office to Adobe software, graphics software, our forums and so on. These subscriptions are the same as web hosting, expensive as hell on a monthly basis, downright affordable if you have the funds for multi-year subscriptions.
- EQUIPMENT UPGRADES: I'm currently using a 2008 iMac computer on it's very last leg. I desperately need to upgrade the computer, data storage devices and so on. I also need to purchase new cameras, microphones, software, etc. I went through a very messy break up and my ex stole my cameras, passport and other items. With new computers, cameras, microphones and software we can start creating the type of content we always dreamed about instead of using an iPhone 5 and a nine year old computer. These upgrades alone will cost $15-20K.
- MARKETING: Oh the things I could do with Facebook Ads alone! The days of Guerilla Marketing are over. Everyone wised up and fixed the glitches. Now you have to pay for everything to include how many social media followers will actually see your posts. It's backed folks like us into a corner that only money can get you out of. A couple hundred dollars a month in Facebook and Google ads would do wonders for our ability to attract new customers.
- YOURS TRULY: I need to start eating and training again. I'm literally living in a shack in the north woods of Vermont eating soup and crackers most days. If I'm ever going to run this company the way it needs to be run, I need to be healthy and fit. I also need to get out of Northern Vermont and back to Colorado Springs, CO where I belong (bad break up, it's a long story to be told over beer) so that we can partner with a couple of companies who want to work with us, if and when I get back there. I'm a single man, my son is grown, my needs are few. Moving is expensive.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: As a one man show I face a daily battle. I can spend half the day on customer service issues, or I can work on new projects in an attempt to keep the lights on. Guess which one wins? And that's not fair to our customers! I would love to hire a small business or an individual to handle our daily customer service needs, or, take the heat off of me for a bit so I can address our customer's questions.
- APPAREL: Speaking of customer service, our customers have been screaming for apparel and swag for years. I've never been able to put it together. An influx of capital would allow us to finally start marketing through branded apparel.
- BUILD USA MILITARY-APPLIED SPORT: By the time I'm done, USA Military-Applied Sport will rival the US Olympic Committee. Building this organization will take years of effort, millions of dollars, but most importantly, it will take the support of people like you to become athletes, club owners, state and regional directors. We need to start hosting events as soon as possible and we need to spread the word to attract large corporate partners. Any funds we have left over will be used to promote and build the USA Military-Applied Sport League.