Who I Am
Hey, Andrew here.
I've been dreaming, writing and thinking about entrepreneurship since I started my first dog-walking business at 13. That burning passion is what you see in my writing and podcasts at andrewjwalls.com
This is only possible because of Patreon. Each month, I spend hours reading books, designing models, creating tools and systems, collecting and organizing data and transforming those inputs into the essays and podcasts you enjoy which dig deeply into how anyone can be an agent of change in the world.
Patreon lets fans like you provide support to artists, writers, and creators you like. In return, as a creator, I offer you rewards, exclusive content and more as a thank you gift.
What I Offer My Fans
The rewards you get vary by the level of your contribution:
- Patron-only essays: Includes tons of past essays + a few new exclusive essays each month. These vary from new tools, or models I've developed, thoughts on some aspect of business, walkthroughs of books I've read, and much more. ($3 / month)
- Exclusive podcasts: Thoughts, insights into my creative process. More off-the-cuff recordings which give you access to how I produce the content I do. Can include making-of videos, tutorials, explanations of models or systems and more. ($9 / month)
- Unreleased tools: I'm constantly experimenting with tools to make startups better, like the organizational dashboard I've created to help startups easily track learnings as they seek problem-solution fit. Most of them I don't publicly publish unless you're in this bracket of Patreon + get early access to models before they're released publicly. ($19 / month)
- Monthly Q&A: Post questions to the board and I'll answer them once a month (or more). Can be about building my site, processes for building tools, thoughts behind an article. You choose and I'll do my best to provide a solid answer. ($39 / month)
- Monthly phone or video chat - Like having a coffee with me but over Skype or the phone (depends if you're from Canada). ($99 / month)
You get access to all previous content when you sign up for higher brackets. I.e. if you're in the $99+ bracket you get access to the $39, $19, $9, and $3 brackets.
What Patreon Supports
I hope my writing and speaking resonates with you in such a way that you'll support my work. Platforms like I'm building haver significant costs, and because I give away my most valueable work for free, those costs currently come out of my pocket.
It's an unsustainable compromise, but one I make with the confidence that true fans like you will eventually each support me with a few dollars a month, which in aggregate will keep the Lead Boldly community alive.
Here's a detailed look at what Patreon supports:
- Web Expenses: Website hosting, subscription fees to various plugins, email etc. This costs approximately $200 / month.
- Research: My research takes me into expensive sites, paid journal articles, novels, and more. I distill that information for you, but gathering it initially has costs of approximately $100 / month.
- Costs of Living: I work a separate job to put myself through school. I do lots of unpaid and volunteer work. I live inexpensively but supporting what I do, requires activities that distract me from writing the content you love.
Thank you for your support, whether it's $3 or $99+ you're helping to make my dreams real, and also helping me to create more of the podcasts, articles and ideas you love. Please engage with this community, you'll find some very amazing people have found their way into it.
Andrew James Walls