"The Chicken Club" allows you to *BE* my record label.
As a touring singer/songwriter, I wanted to give my fans the opportunity to see what the song/album creation process is like, and Patreon provides the perfect opportunity for that.
Every week, I post a new song on this site that my supporters have exclusive access to and ask that they provide feedback. This shows how a song transforms from a basic idea into a fully-produced, radio-ready track over time.
Many of the songs on my newest release, In The Darkness, began as basic song sketches on Patreon.
To help keep things interesting, I also post cover videos add the occasional tour vlog whenever I am on the road for a string of performances.
Your ongoing support allows me to spend my time doing what I do best: writing songs, performing, and interacting with my fans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I support you on Patreon? Don't streaming services pay you well?
I'm glad you asked!
1. Streaming music online, from sources like Spotify and Pandora, is the new norm for the vast majority of listeners.
2. Why does this matter? Because it's MUUUUUUCH harder to make a sustainable, dependable income with streaming. Most people don't realize that Spotify, Pandora, and their competitors pay artists about half-a-cent per play. Yes, one half of one penny *if* you listen to a song of mine.
3. This *really* puts a pinch on independent artists like myself who aren't as established as the biggest names in music, who may get tens of millions of plays per month. I'm just not there (yet!!).
4. In conclusion: Patreon is a godsend to artists like me. I'm able to earn a consistent monthly income stream from my fans, and my fans benefit because they know they're supporting me directly (and much more strongly than through online streaming).
How does this all work, in short?
I write new songs and upload other amazing things each week, and you're a patron of my work. As such, Patreon.com withdraws your financial support monthly, at a rate that you decide (as little as $1 per month). You can adjust/withdraw your patronage at any time.
What will you use the money for?
In short, everything. Music is my full-time job. I use your money to keep the lights on, buy groceries, take my dog to the vet, etc., like any other small business owner. I'll also use it for business-related expenses as well, like travel, office supplies, and music-related supplies. Have I mentioned that I am a new father as of November 2017?
Do I have to patronize you at one of the pre-selected tiers?
Nope! You enter the amount you'd like to contribute each month, starting at $1.
Can I adjust my contributions or just stop donating at some point in the future?
Absolutely! I know that life is unpredictable and sometimes things happen. I don't hold any grudges against anyone who leaves The Chicken Club, I promise!
Do I have to do anything after I join? Am I required to provide feedback or do anything else?
Not at all! I always encourage feedback, because my Chicken Club members are the most devoted fans I have, and I want to make music that you'll enjoy. That said, feel free to say as much or as little as you'd like.
Is this an investment program? Does membership entitle me to any sort of financial returns?
No. I'm happy to provide special perks to Chicken Club members (like exclusive access to my new songs, handwritten lyrics, etc.), but I do not provide any sort of financial return to my supporters. Think of this like Kickstarter, but with ongoing support instead of one major financial goal.
Can fans outside the USA join The Chicken Club?
Yes! Enter in an amount you're comfortable with in your local currency, and Patreon's software will convert it to US Dollars.
Do you, Andrew, support anyone through Patreon yourself?
Yep! Right now I support three people whose work I really enjoy:
- Smarter Every Day (YouTube Channel)
- Sailing La Vagabonde (YouTube Channel)
- Calvin Thomas (musician and live streamer on Periscope)
I have another question, can I email you directly?
Sure! [email protected] is my address.