HELLO! I am Laser, aka "Angela from the incredible nerd-folk band the Doubleclicks." I love to make things. It's the best, and it's the only thing I can imaging myself doing. In 2017, I took the jump and moved to Los Angeles to level up in my creative endeavors. I'm writing for a monthly variety show, I'm developing TV projects, I'm directing comedy videos with my buddies, and I'm collaborating with pals to make all kinds of new stuff. It's really satisfying and fun, and things are fast and scary, and thus I set up this Patreon!
WHAT I AM MAKING
Patreon gives me the stability and time I need to do the things I want to do, like:
- Write - You'll give me time to write scripts and sketches, for my writing portfolio, for live shows, and for secret projects which both don't pay and also I can't talk about publicly! I'm also working on a book? True! For example, here's an essay I wrote about Mars being depressed.
- Direct/Produce - I'm a director learning my craft. For example, here's a comedy video I directed about Jurassic Park!
- Perform - I'm telling jokes and singing songs around LA, including at my monthly show, Game Night: A Variety Show!
- Sing & Stream - My comedy duo Catty B's is trying out some new stuff in real life and online with our "Catty B's Talk Show." You can watch a few episodes on YouTube!
- Podcast - I love to play games, and my irregularly-updating podcast Gosh Darn Fiasco (with my partner Richard Malena-Webber) is constantly trying to become a regular project again.
- Learn - One of the best parts about being in LA is access to writing and performing classes. LA is like one big expensive catalog of elective classes, and I am SUPER into it.
WHY I NEED YOUR HELP
It is scary to move away from the stability of my friends and family in Portland and my full-time music/management/record label job (I'm still doing all that... but not full-time). Patreon is helping me in this big scary new chapter of my life. So yes, his new life is a bit scary, but it also feels like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.
Your funds have helped fund my classes, props and equipment for my videos, and renting venues to try out shows! This Patreon makes it possible for me to dedicate time and resources to new experiments, and it's truly awesome.
WHAT YOU CAN GET
I am extremely grateful for your support, and I'd love to loop you in on what I have going on with behind-the-scenes stories and previews of different things I'm trying out.
- Video Blogs — I'm making private "day in my life" videos. Check out an example!
- Postcards from me!
- Previews of my unpublished writings, including sketches and essays!
- Access to a private Facebook group, where we talk about books and films and cats.